Armed Forces Day at the California State Fair

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013

    Ahoy Pacific Merchant Marine Council Members and Friends,

    Back from the NLUS National Convention in Long Beach and slowly getting back into the swing of things locally.

    Let me know if you will be at California State Fair the morning of the 17th. Anticipate Teddy and I will be at the front gate about 0945.

    Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2013
      Can't speak for all Navy Leaguers who attended the California State Fair, www.bigfun.org, Wednesday or a previous date, but Teddy and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Caught the Veterans Salute Ceremony right off, chatted afterwards with several veterans. Then it was off to see the exhibits - the county exhibits were great, same for the agricultural displays. Relaxed in the shade at SaveMart's Wine Court more than once.

      Think I recruited a few new NLUS members - always encouraging others to come aboard.

      We urge you and yours to catch the state fair this year - for sure you will have very tired feet before you see and do everything.

      Heave Ho,

      Phelps  B-)