Final Call: California Maritime Academy Commissioning and Awards Ceremony, Saturday, 11 May 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2013

    Ahoy Members and Friends,
    Just a reminder on this special event Saturday, May 3...
    There is a breakfast reception 0800 in the Cafeteria then the ceremony at 0900 under the canopy in the Quad. The awards presentation will take place immediately following the commissioning. I will be going forward to present the USAA Financial Services award - a beautiful brass clock to a deserving ensign. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/1326 ~ also below.
    Come see the activities, meet and greet the new officers, their family members, as well as Academy staff. Its a once a year event.
    This isn't the only activity we have on our Council calendar.
    • First Call: National Maritime Day observances 1100 Wednesday, May 22 ~ Alameda Point and Old Sacramento. See latest information below.
    • First Call: Hot catered luncheon aboard the SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, 1100, Tuesday, June 11. Two guest speakers (America's Cup and San Francisco Fleet Week). The US Maritime Academy Alumni and others will be joining us ~ $20. Luncheon is on the council for your guests if they should join the council. Meeting afterwards for board members and council members - we have some officer vacancies to fill.
    • NLUS National Convention Long Beach June 19 - 23, 2013. Start at http://www.navyleagueconvention.org for schedule and registration. Opportunity for time aboard the USS IOWA (BB-61) and the Queen Mary.
    The Maritime Industry Sail-in, Wednesday was May 8, 2013. I spotted council members in the photos on the front page. See http://www.maritimeindustrycongressionalsail-in.org for the photos and a brief report.
    The council and its members are engaged in the maritime industry here and now. We remember the past and we look forward to the future. We are doing just what we should be doing. Please see the PMMC About Us 2013 attached for a one page synopsis of our council.
    Executive Director, Pacific Merchant Marine Council
    Vice President, Sacramento Council
    Senior Vice President, Pacific Central Region
    National Director
    Navy League of the United States
    PO Box 191403
    Sacramento CA 95819-1403
    (916) 739-6949 | (916) 955-3972 cell | PMMC@...
    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council, The Maritime
    Logistics Council, was chartered 11 December 2006.
    It's an advocate for the United States maritime industry.
    Luncheons are hosted in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    New members welcome! For 2013, we offer a three
    year membership for $75.

    National Maritime Day Event

    Aboard the USDOT Maritime Administration MV CAPE ORLANDO

    22 MAY / 1100-1200

    LOCATION:  1499 Ferry Point Road, Alameda, CA 94501

    1100-1130: Speeches in outdoor (covered) bay – Mayor of Alameda, Reading of the Presidential Proclamation, Ship Recognition, and other speeches

    1130-1200: Shipboard tours (announced at conclusion of ceremony)

     Attending Organizations:

    ·        US Navy Operational Support Center Alameda,

    ·     Navy League

    ·        USCG Sector San Francisco

    ·        Maritime Industry & other Stakeholders

    ·        City of Alameda

    Maritime displays & handouts

    Public welcome (visitors must sign liability forms upon entry)

    Parking available as marked adjacent to ship

    National Maritime Day Ceremony Sacramento, CA
    Wednesday, 1100 May 22, 2013
    Location: Between Tower Bridge and Embassy Suites, 100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento
    Sponsored by the Sacramento Valley Chapter, American Merchant Marine Veterans,
    the Pacific Merchant Marine Council, Navy League of the United States
    The Presidential Proclamation will be read, all who served will be remembered,
    and discussion will follow on the present and future of our nation's merchant marine.
    A luncheon at Embassy Suites concludes the activities.