Invitation: Luncheon aboard the SS RED OAK VICTORY, Tuesday, May 14th, 1100

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013

    Ahoy Members and Friends,
    We have another special event! One that is in between:
    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council and West Contra Costa Council members and their guests are invited by our friends in the US Maritime Academy Alumni Association San Francisco Chapter!
    Catered Lunch aboard SS Red Oak Victory with Lois Boyle, "Rosie the Riviter"
    Tuesday, May 14
    1337 Canal Blvd., Berth 6A, Richmond, CA 94804
    For information on the ship: http://www.ssredoakvictory.com
    Reservations are essential for the catered lunch - Bob Featherer <bobf12 at juno dot com> telephone (707) 333-7127. $20 pay when you come aboard.

    Pork Shanks In A Sweet Chili Sauce

    Boneless Skinless Grilled Chicken Breast

    Grilled Vegetables

    Tri Color Cheese Tortolini

    Mixed Greens with A Champagne Vinigarette Dressing

    Rolls & Butter

    Assorted Desserts

    Beer & Wine

    Randy Ramos

    Nine O Seven Grill

    907 First St.

    Benicia Ca 94510

    From I-580, take the Canal Blvd. Exit
    Continue on Canal Blvd to 1337 Canal Blvd.
    Ship is at Berth 6A

    Visitors need to be aware that the ship is berthed in an active Port area. Monday through Friday, heavy industrial equipment is operating along the roadways en route to the ship. A 5 mph speed limit is to be observed in the industrial area. Please watch for the red and white directional signs starting at gate 2.

    Proceeds from the luncheon and the 50-50 drawing will be presented to Lois for the Museum and the ship.

    See you there!

    PS Looking ahead we will be having lunch with the Kings Pointers and others again Tuesday, June 11, aboard the SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN. Same outstanding caterer but a different great menu, $20. The presentation subject will be a doubleheader: the 2013 America's Cup, http://www.americascup.com, and 2013 San Francisco Fleet Week, http://www.fleetweek.us. Council officers, directors, and members should plan to stay afterwards for a meeting.