Invitation: NLUS PCR Meet and Greet Party March 15, Oakland & Meeting March 16 Alameda

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013
    Ahoy Members and Friends,
    Let's P A R T Y !!! Friday, March 15 in Oakland. This is a great opportunity to meet members of other councils and talk-up the Pacific Merchant Marine Council.
    Saturday, March 16, is an important date. We have a rare Pacific Central Region meeting - information below. You are most welcome to attend!
    If you would like to help guide the Navy League, the first step is to get nominated National Director. That requires completing and submitting the "NLUS 2013 National Directors Candidate Information Profile" attached. It wouldn't hurt to examine the NLUS Operations Manual, http://navyleague.org/councils/operations_manual.html, especially the section on duties of a national director. Changes in NLUS goverance are expected to be brought forward at the NLUS Board of Directors meeting incorporated into the NLUS National Convention. If I can assure you of one thing - discussion will likely be lively, even emotional, and possibly lengthly.
    Please chat with me if you care to make this leap. I as well as Don Hale can probably answer any questions you may have.
    Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:16 AM
    Subject: Invitation: NLUS PCR Meet and Greet Party March 15, Oakland & Meeting March 16 Alameda

    Ahoy All Navy League Members...
    If you like a party, Friday evening 5:30pm at the Warehouse Bar and Grill, 402 Webster Street, Oakland, http://thewarehousebar.net, is the place to be. The occasion is the Navy League's Pacific Central Region's "Meet and Greet." Come mix it up. Spouses too. Advance reservations encouraged. $5 for the buffet Mexican meal.
    On a more serious note, is the Pacific Central Region Meeting the next day 8:00am, a rare occasion particularly suited to council officers and directors as well as NLUS national directors. Attendance is strongly encouraged - pass the word. All Navy Leaguer are welcome! The location is the Alameda Naval Air Museum, http://www.alamedanavalairmuseum.org.
    You will note there is a Nominating Committee meeting as well. Council presidents, or in their absence their appointed representatives, are to attend this. A second message below has some information on the desire to have a full slate of nominees for Region President, Area President, and National Directors. Much is involved but the big commitment is to attend the NLUS National Convention in Long Beach, June 19-23, http://www.navyleagueconvention.org, at your own expense.
    Please open and read the two attachments.
    Anchors Aweigh,
    Phelps Hobart
    Senior Vice President
    Pacific Central Region

    Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 10:52 AM
    Subject: Region Meeting Info for March 16

    Good morning all,
    Attached is a flyer about the upcoming Region Meeting being held in conjunction with a Nominating Committee meeting on March 16th at the Naval Air Museum in Alameda. We will have a Meet and Greet on Friday evening at the Warehouse in Oakland.
    Council Presidents or their designee will be serving on the Nominating Committee so please plan to stay after lunch. Same for Area Presidents.
    Please pass the word to your Officers, Directors and members.
    Please RSVP by March 8th as instructed on the flyer.
    Cheers, Bonnie
    Bonnie B. Potter, MD
    President, Pacific Central Region
    Navy League of the United States