Arkansas Division Sea Cadets News...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:48 PM
    Subject: Arkansas Division Sea Cadets News...

    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    Thought you might like to see Saturday's drill routine for the Sea Cadet Division we sponsor and support. We are proud of all the Cadets accomplish and very appreciative of the unit's leadership. The relationship between the Pacific Merchant Marine Council and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets is close. With the August fundraiser on the Potomac we were able to increase our financial contribution in support of the Cadets far and away more than our effort in 2011.

    The division's "Annual Inspection" is Saturday, 16 March at the drill site: Yerba Buena Island, Building 2, US Coast Guard Sector San Francisco, California 94130. Our 2012 Navy League Theodore Roosevelt Youth Awards for the Sea Cadet and League Cadet will again be presented - this time in front of the assembled Cadets. The certificate, along with the NLUS ribbon with "Gold Boot" was presented to League Cadet ABC Nunez  while Sea Cadet PO2 Stephan Sobolev will receive his certificate and the League's Theodore Roosevelt Youth Award with medal and ribbon. Two years ago he received the ribbon with the gold boot.

    You are welcome to attend, observe, and have lunch as well. We will keep you aware of the best time to arrive to see the presentation of our awards, various ribbons, and other commendations - anticipate 0930.

    Executive Director

    ARKANSAS DIVISION

    PACIFIC CENTRAL REGION

    UNITED STATES NAVAL SEA CADET CORPS

    Wreaths Across America Cleanup

    San Francisco National Cemetery, Presidio of San Francisco

    Drill Focus:

    Assist CAP with the Wreath Removal from Cemetery

    Schedule:

    0830-0845               Quarters next to buildings inside the entrance gates

    0845-0900               Briefing and assignments, prepare for wreath removal

    0900-1030               Clean up Wreaths

    1000-1045               Prepare to Depart Presidio and travel to SS Jeremiah O’Brien at Pier 45

    1045                        Travel to Pier for 45, for second part of drill

    SS Jeremiah O’Brien

    Pier 45 (at the foot of Taylor and Jefferson Streets)

    San Francisco, CA 94123

    1100-1115             Arrive and Muster in Hold No. 3 ‘tween (park in lot adjacent to ship in Shed A)

    1115-1130             Prepare for Chow and Safety Briefing

    1130-1200             Chow

    1200-1245             Safety Briefing and Tool Education

    1245-1500             Assist Ship’s Crew with Painting/Scrapping of Gun Tub and After Booms

    1500-1520             Clean Work Areas and Tools

    1520-1530             Training Debrief

    1530                      End of Drill

    Please Bring:

    1. Coveralls or Utilities for second part of Drill aboard SS Jeremiah O’Brien

    2. $5 for chow

    Notes:

    1. LTJG Freitas has been promoted to ARKDIV Commanding Officer

    2. Next drills:

                    19JAN2013 Drill, U.S. Coast Guard Sector San Francisco

                    02FEB2013 Drill, U.S. Coast Guard Sector San Francisco