Navy League Life Memberships: Cost Going Up!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012

      I am pleased to announce Stuart Ripley of Sun City Lincoln has come aboard our council - and a three year membership at that! Welcome Aboard Stuart.

      Our council welcomes new members anytime but the next few days is an opportunity to save some $$$ if you are considering becoming a NLUS life member. Details below.

      I can assist - telephone me. Renewing members and new members need to have a credit card number though I suspect the membership application in SeaPower could be mailed in with a check.

      If you should have any questions concerning the Navy League, membership or otherwise, telephone or E-mail me.

      Together, lets continue to grow this council! Please list me as sponsor.

      Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 10:59 AM
      Subject: Navy League Life Memberships: Cost Going Up!

      Ahoy,

      LAST CALL:

      Please pass the word that the cost of a Navy League life membership will again increase. This time a tiered structure will be implemented.

      You don't want to know what some of us "old timers" paid several years ago.

      As for the council's share of this, it is a bit complicated and I don't have that information. I do know that for existing life members, the council receives $4 or $5 annually in the spring. Except for life members who joined in 1984 or before; the council receives no dues split. Headquarters continues to nick off 20% of the dues rebates due councils. Talk to me sometime if interested in such matters.

      Right now, please make an effort to notify as many members and potential members of this change effective January 1, 2013. Currently, through 2012, the life member one time dues are $500 for an individual and $750 for a husband and wife. There is only one way to get in under the wire on this and that is to submit a membership application electronically. Use the application found at https://www.nlussecure.org/membership. The NLUS office in Arlington is essentially closed from 1700 EST Friday, 21 December 2012 through 0800 EST, Wednesday, January 2, 2013.

      Want to give me a Christmas gift? List Phelps Hobart as the sponsor on any applications. I have sponsored 14 new members so far this year and would like to make it 20 or better.

      I regret that for the most part, the Pacific Central Region continues to loose hundreds of members annually; anticipate 150+ this year. We need to reverse this trend. Your assistance is appreciated - both on new applications and renewals.

      If you should have a question pertaining to membership there is a good chance I can answer it. I have the retention stats and other information. Oh, I serve on the NLUS National Membership Committee.

      Did you know one can join more than one council? Many of us are members of two and sometimes more councils. Now, that's showing support!

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      Vice President - Membership Marketing / Membership Retention
      Pacific Central Region

      One-Year Membership $50.00
      Two-Year Membership $90.00 Save $10 over 1-year rate!
      Three-Year Membership $125.00 Save $25 over 1-year rate!
      Life Membership $500.00
      Husband/Wife Membership $85.00
      Husband/Wife Life Membership $750.00
      Active Duty Spouse $30.00