Toys for Tots: There's Still Time to Help a Child

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2012
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
      Ahoy Members and Friends,
      Did you know...
      Nov 18, 2011 ... For the first time ever, the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is partnering with a daily deal site to make it easy for people to give. Starting today LivingSocial Families members in the U.S. can donate $5 to Toys for Tots, the 64-year-old nonprofit dedicated to brightening the holiday season for kids in need. For every LivingSocial member who gives, Toys"R"Us, Hasbro and other corporate partners will match the donation with $5 worth of toys, up to $1 million worth. ... http://corporate.livingsocial.com/inthenews/articles/32
      Also for every new person who ‘Likes’ Kohl’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/kohls, from November 23 through December 24, Kohl’s will donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $500,000.
      Thank you to council members and friends who have already contributed or will contribute to:
      As in years past, the council has contributed to Toys for Tots.
      The message below was received late yesterday. Seems the need is still great and donations are down so far this year. In addition to the above offers Major Grein mentions some other partnerships that stretch every dollar given.
      All contributions no matter what the size are greatly appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Phelps Hobart
      President, 2008-2012
      Executive Director, 2013
      Pacific Merchant Marine Council
      Senior Vice President, Pacific Central Region
      Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012
      Subject: There's Still Time to Help a Child

      TFT e-newsletter logo
      Toys for Tots e-xpress Letter

       2012 donate button 2012 follow button

      Dear Toys for Tots Friend,

      Marine and Children holding handsEvery child, grandchild, niece or nephew in your family is no doubt telling you daily just how many days there are till Christmas.  Children whose families are living in poverty are also keeping track of the days, but sadly their parents don’t have the same means to put presents under their Christmas tree … if they even have a tree.

      The good news is there is still time left for you to make the difference on Christmas morning for one or more of these children.  By making a donation on our website (www.toysfortots.org) we can instantly make those dollars available to our Marine Toys for Tots Coordinators, who can immediately turn them into last minute toys.

      After a long bitter presidential campaign, Hurricane Sandy and a ‘Fiscal Cliff’ we’re apparently going to fall into soon, I can see why our toy donations are down this year.  I am making just this one last plea to put that all behind you, get into the Christmas spirit and help us provide a present to a child you don’t even know.  You’ll be glad you did.

      Here’s a few other last minute ways to help:

      DonationTunes.org, a non-profit organization, is proud to announce that they have made the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation their exclusive charity partner for the holidays. When you buy a song or album at donationtunes.org, 100% of the net proceeds will go to Toy for Tots. Please help donationtunes.org help Toys for Tots!! Every song or album purchased makes a huge difference! Please visit www.donationtunes.org.  You can play your favorite online games on Zynga and make a donation to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation at the same time.

      You can purchase an Ellen DeGeneres Hole-Y-Cow toy at your local Walgreens Store and they will donate $2.00 for each toy sold.  I have one sitting on my desk and play with it everyday.

      Finally, please accept my apology for perhaps bothering you too much with these email letters, but more importantly, please accept my best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.  The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, the U.S. Marine Corps and many less fortunate children thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

      Bill Grein

      Bill Grein
      Major, USMC (Ret)
      Vice President
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

       Christmas 2012 Countdown

       Share with a Friend Button

      2011 Program to Support Pie Chart

      Did you know that Toys for Tots is a top rated charity?
      97% of your donation goes to our mission of providing toys, books and other gifts to less fortunate children.  The 3% spent on support principally covers fundraising expenses – not one donated dollar goes to pay for salaries or any other manpower costs.

       bbb icon  charity icon (ICA)

      Unsubscribe     Tell A Friend     Visit our website      Make a Gift Now

      TFT Privacy Policy