Arkansas Division Sea Cadet Report: PMMC Luncheon and Awards

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2012

      RADM Castillo with Cadets ABC Fretias and RC Hernandez accepted the award on the behalf of ABC Stacy Nunez. Council President Phelps Hobart also in the photo. That's the admiral's challenge coin the cadets display. The certificate, along with the NLUS ribbon with "Gold Boot" was presented to ABC Nunez.

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council Vice President - Youth Activities Karen Freitas saying a few words about PO2 Stephan Sobolev just prior to him receiving the Navy League's Theodore Roosevelt Youth Award with medal and ribbon presented by the Pacific Merchant Marine Council, sponsor and supporter of the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets. Karen is an Instructor with the Division.

      That's PO2 Soboley's dad Alexey with the camera. He serves as a council Director on the Youth Activities Committee.
      RADM Castillo had just pinned on the Theodore Roosevelt Youth Award Ribbon.

      Additional captioned photos on the Council's Facebook photo album page, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151209690048337.461074.159519498336&type=1.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2012
        Phelps.

        WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!

         For your information, when you're talking about Sea Cadets, there some very important statistics you may wish to remember.

        1. 12 to 13% of the Midshipmen at the Naval Academy are former Sea Cadets. This has been the case for many years. AND -- This is more than all other Youth Groups combined.
        2. Making Chief in the Sea Cadets is equivalent to making Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts.
        3. Every Sea Cadet that goes on Active Duty as an E-3 saves the Navy $10,000.00 That's their figures.

        Stan