All invited! Shipboard Lunch with VADM Zukunft, USCG, Tuesday, December 11

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2012
    Ahoy Pacific Merchant Marine Council Members and Friends,

    It's a party and our council is throwing it. Below is the invitation sent out to our friends within the Navy League's Pacific Central Region.

    Let's have good representation from within our own ranks. Besides there is a business meeting following the luncheon. We have to complete nominations, hold election of 2013 council officers and directors, then install them. Yes, we welcome additional members to step forward and fill positions. Don't hesitate, talk to me about it.

    Chat with me about the Navy League, our council, or anything else for that matter. Love to hear from you.

    You can keep up with me, wife Teddy, the council, and our NLUS region on Facebook.

    Let's finish the year with more membership recruitment - we'll throw a free lunch December 11 in for all joining.

    Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:54 AM
    Subject: All invited! Shipboard Lunch with VADM Zukunft, USCG, Tuesday, December 11

    Ahoy Navy League Members and Friends,

    Let's do lunch!

    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council was chartered six years ago, December 11, 2006, and we are celebrating Tuesday, December 11, 2012 aboard our adopted National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN!

    You and your council members, your friends and your associates are invited. It's a party. We welcome you to celebrate with us.

    Our guest of honor is VADM Z coming over from Coast Guard Island. Others from within the maritime realm locally will be joining us as well. Already the San Francisco Council has indicated members will be attending. We're glad, the last two council luncheons have been with the San Francisco Council at Scoma's. Now it's our turn to reciprocate.

    Pass the word. We have space for 125 and we look forward to drinking every bottle set out for the social hour and filling every chair for the luncheon.

    Send in your reservation check - its important since we need to know how much food to order from the caterer.

    Heave Ho - as is commonly stated within the Merchant Marine.

    “Citizens in Support of the Sea Services”

    Pacific Merchant Marine Council

    You are cordially invited to our 6th Anniversary Luncheon ~ our Holiday Luncheon

    Date: Tuesday, 11 December 2012

    Time: Social 1100 ~ Lunch 1200

    Place: National Historic Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, Pier 45, San Francisco

    Guest speaker: Vice Admiral Paul F. Zukunft, Commander Coast Guard Pacific Area

    Cost: $15 with advance reservation by check ~ $20 without

    Details:
    Please send reservation check payable to Phelps Hobart to PO Box 191403, Sacramento CA 95819-1403
    Donations in addition always welcome – they help us support the O’BRIEN and the Sea Cadets
    Guests welcome – complementary lunch for guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with the council
    Menu features a catered buffet meal by 907 Grill, Benicia, owned by Randy Ramos
        Randy's Famous Pork Wings (and you thought pigs can't fly)
        Build your own Taco Bar, Rice & Beans
        Chips, Salsa, Guacamole
        Petit Fours and Cake for desert
        Beer, wine and soft drinks/bottled water hosted by the United States Merchant Marine Academy Alumni Association
    Music for the social will be provided by Rick Harris, country singer extraordinaire, Karen Freitas, violin, and Roger Bazeley, trumpet
    Ship T'wen Deck Hold #2 decorated by the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets
    Side Boys, Color Guard, and Piper duties performed by Arkansas Division Sea Cadets
    Fund-raising “Opportunity To Win” (50 – 50 drawing) to support for the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN
    Complementary parking in covered shed C, JEREMIAH O’BRIEN parking adjacent to the ship ~ leave this invitation on dash
    Carpooling encouraged
    Before lunch: prayer and remembrance of seafarers who have “passed over the bar” – taps
    During lunch: share news, a sea story, a joke, or a remark
    Brief Pacific Merchant Marine Council business meeting following luncheon; nominations, election, and installation of 2013 officers and directors
    Temperature possibly cool; dress accordingly
    Docent lead ship tours before and after the luncheon
    Next luncheon scheduled: March 2013
    Information: (916) 739-6949, PMMC@...

    The Navy League of the United States, http://navyleague.org, founded with President Roosevelt's encouragement in 1902, is a civilian organization with nearly 50,000 members. The League reminds the American public and government officials that the United States is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and U. S. flag Merchant Marine. NLUS and its 250 councils sponsor activities, events, and awards along with supporting military and Sea Cadet units. Its monthly magazine Sea Power covers United States maritime defense news. The Pacific Merchant Marine Council, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS, chartered 11 December 2006, is engaged in and supports the United States maritime industry, the National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O’BRIEN, and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets. Council luncheon meetings are quarterly. Memberships is $50 one year, $90 two years, and $125 for three years.

    Vice Admiral Paul F. Zukunft, USCG, http://www.uscg.mil/flag/pacarea.asp