- Final call Members and Friends. Your support - either by purchasing a ticket or simply making a donation is really needed. We remain short on ticket sales,Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012View SourceFinal call Members and Friends.Your support - either by purchasing a ticket or simply making a donation is really needed. We remain short on ticket sales, donated items and services for the silent auction, and financial donations.Something new... I have added NLUS National President Phil Dunmire's letter proclaiming September Naval Sea Cadets Corps Month at the bottom of this message.He has it right, the NSCC is a treasure. Our Arkansas Division is among the best units and for sure the NSCC Band of the West further makes Arkansas Division special. The unit deserves our support and this coming Sunday, August 7, provides that opportunity.You can also meet PO1 Kaitlynne Freitas, USNSCC, soon to advance to chief. She was recognized this year by both the Navy League Pacific Central Region and the Naval Sea Cadet Corps Pacific Central Region as the outstanding cadet for 2011. She is also our council's 2011 Theodore Roosevelt Youth Award recipient.We thank council member Marti Burchell, Executive Director of the USS POTOMAC (AG-25) for the loan of the ship.Hope to see you aboard the POTOMAC Sunday.Heave Ho,PhelpsPhelps Hobart, PresidentPacific Merchant Marine CouncilNavy League of the United States
----- Original Message -----Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:35 PMSubject: NLUS Pacific Merchant Marine Council fun-filled fundraiser aboard the USS POTOMAC (AG-25), Oakland, 1600, Sunday, 5 August 2012Ahoy Members and Friends,History is being made and we invite you to be a part of it!
Our council's Vice President, Youth Affairs, Karen Freitas, is Event Chairman. She can be reached at (209) 862-1371.Thank you.Heave Ho,PhelpsPhelps Hobart, PresidentPacific Merchant Marine CouncilNavy League of the United States(916) 739-6949
- First, the year 2012 is the 50th Anniversary of the US Naval Sea Cadets Corps; this event salutes and supports a remarkable Division
- Second, this is our council's first fundraiser; the pleasure of your company, family members, and friends is welcome aboard
- Third, donated items and services for the silent auction are requested
- Fourth, your assistance in "passing the word" is appreciated; an invitation is attached.
The Navy League Pacific Merchant Marine Council
Is pleased to sponsor a fun-filled fundraiser in support of the
Arkansas Division of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps
featuring the Naval Sea Cadet Band of the West
1600 - 1800, Sunday, 5 August 2012
Pierside aboard the USS Potomac (AG-25)
The Presidential Yacht is moored at the foot of Clay Street
540 Water Street (near Jack London Square, Oakland Waterfront)
Your Ticket Donation of $50.00
will help in the purchase of uniforms and sheet music in support of the Cadets
Tax deductible to the full extent of the law (estimated $25.00 for attendees)
Afternoon events include...
- Entrance aboard President Franklin D. Roosevelts Floating White House
- Live band music
- Decadent desserts
- Wine tasting
- Bottled Water
in addition other opportunities include...
- Souvenir Polaroid picture at the helm
- Door prize drawing
- Silent Auction concluding at 1740
Jack London Square parking garages nearby; street parking is free.
Request Tickets by emailing to: seacadet@...
Or send check or money order made payable to: Navy League PCR
Post Office Box 137, Newman, California 95360-0137.
Ticket(s) will be held at the dock.
More on the ship: www.usspotomac.org
More on the Sea Cadet Band of the West: www.bandofthewest.org----- Original Message -----Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012Subject: Designation of September as Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) MonthThe month of September is hereby proclaimed as Naval Sea Cadet Corps Month in recognition of the many benefits we all realize from this premier youth program. While I urge you to support the NSCC program fully throughout the year, designating September as NSCC Month will give you an opportunity to place special emphasis on the Navy Leagues exclusively sponsored youth education program. Of additional importance this year is the fact that the Naval Sea Cadet Corps is celebrating its 50th Anniversary, having been chartered by Congress on September 10, 1962 as the Navys youth development program.
The NSCC program is an important part of the Navy League and this great country. The training and education provided to cadets prepare them exceptionally well for whatever career field they choose. The discipline, core values and teamwork these cadets learn forms the basis of their lives as citizens and future leaders of their communities.
Proclaiming September as NSCC Month commemorates the formal establishment of the Sea Cadet Corps and provides an opportunity for all Navy Leaguers to develop a deeper appreciation for this youth education program sponsored by Navy League. I strongly encourage each council to plan a special program which highlights the importance of our Sea Cadets. Councils sponsoring a Sea Cadet unit should contact their NSCC unit commanding officer to assist in coordinating Sea Cadet Month activities.
This is a golden opportunity for council members to get to know their Sea Cadet unit. Councils should encourage Sea Cadet parents to join the council sponsoring their cadets and help both the council and unit in their support of Sea Cadets. This special relationship will pay great dividends to both groups. Navy League Councils should contact NSCC headquarters to receive additional information on sponsoring a unit.
Please make every effort to provide suitable publicity in your Council newsletter and through other means to support this initiative. NLUS headquarters thanks all councils currently sponsoring a NSCC unit.Click here for a .pdf of the letter and proclamation.
Sincerely,Philip L. DunmireNational PresidentNavy League of the United States