Final Call: NLUS Pacific Merchant Marine Council fun-filled fundraiser aboard the USS POTOMAC (AG-25), Oakland, 1600, Sunday, 5 August 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
    Final call Members and Friends.

    Your support - either by purchasing a ticket or simply making a donation is really needed. We remain short on ticket sales, donated items and services for the silent auction, and financial donations.

    Something new... I have added NLUS National President Phil Dunmire's letter proclaiming September Naval Sea Cadets Corps Month at the bottom of this message.

    He has it right, the NSCC is a treasure. Our Arkansas Division is among the best units and for sure the NSCC Band of the West further makes Arkansas Division special. The unit deserves our support and this coming Sunday, August 7, provides that opportunity.

    You can also meet PO1 Kaitlynne Freitas, USNSCC, soon to advance to chief. She was recognized this year by both the Navy League Pacific Central Region and the Naval Sea Cadet Corps Pacific Central Region as the outstanding cadet for 2011. She is also our council's 2011 Theodore Roosevelt Youth Award recipient.

    We thank council member Marti Burchell, Executive Director of the USS POTOMAC (AG-25) for the loan of the ship.

    Hope to see you aboard the POTOMAC Sunday.

    Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:35 PM
    Subject: NLUS Pacific Merchant Marine Council fun-filled fundraiser aboard the USS POTOMAC (AG-25), Oakland, 1600, Sunday, 5 August 2012

    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    History is being made and we invite you to be a part of it!
    • First, the year 2012 is the 50th Anniversary of the US Naval Sea Cadets Corps; this event salutes and supports a remarkable Division
    • Second, this is our council's first fundraiser; the pleasure of your company, family members, and friends is welcome aboard
    • Third, donated items and services for the silent auction are requested
    • Fourth, your assistance in "passing the word" is appreciated; an invitation is attached.
    Our council's Vice President, Youth Affairs, Karen Freitas, is Event Chairman. She can be reached at (209) 862-1371.

    Thank you.

    Image Detail

    The Navy League Pacific Merchant Marine Council

    Is pleased to sponsor a fun-filled fundraiser in support of the

    Arkansas Division of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

    featuring the Naval Sea Cadet Band of the West

    1600 - 1800, Sunday, 5 August 2012

    Pierside aboard the USS Potomac (AG-25)

    The Presidential Yacht is moored at the foot of Clay Street

    540 Water Street (near Jack London Square, Oakland Waterfront)

    Your Ticket Donation of $50.00

    will help in the purchase of uniforms and sheet music in support of the Cadets

    Tax deductible to the full extent of the law (estimated $25.00 for attendees)

    Afternoon events include...

    • Entrance aboard President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s “Floating White House”
    • Live band music
    • Decadent desserts
    • Wine tasting
    • Bottled Water

    in addition other opportunities include...

    • Souvenir Polaroid picture at the helm
    • Door prize drawing
    • Silent Auction concluding at 1740

    Jack London Square parking garages nearby; street parking is free.

    Request Tickets by emailing to: seacadet@...

    Or send check or money order made payable to: Navy League PCR

    Post Office Box 137, Newman, California 95360-0137.

    Ticket(s) will be held at the dock.

    More on the ship: www.usspotomac.org

    More on the Sea Cadet Band of the West: www.bandofthewest.org