NLUS Pacific Merchant Marine Council fun-filled fundraiser aboard the USS POTOMAC (AG-25), Oakland, 1600, Sunday, 5 August 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 8:35 PM
    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    History is being made and we invite you to be a part of it!
    • First, the year 2012 is the 50th Anniversary of the US Naval Sea Cadets Corps; this event salutes and supports a remarkable Division
    • Second, this is our council's first fundraiser; the pleasure of your company, family members, and friends is welcome aboard
    • Third, donated items and services for the silent auction are requested
    • Fourth, your assistance in "passing the word" is appreciated; an invitation is attached.
    Our council's Vice President, Youth Affairs, Karen Freitas, is Event Chairman. She can be reached at (209) 862-1371.

    Thank you.

    Image Detail

    The Navy League Pacific Merchant Marine Council

    Is pleased to sponsor a fun-filled fundraiser in support of the

    Arkansas Division of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

    featuring the Naval Sea Cadet Band of the West

    1600 - 1800, Sunday, 5 August 2012

    Pierside aboard the USS Potomac (AG-25)

    The Presidential Yacht is moored at the foot of Clay Street

    540 Water Street (near Jack London Square, Oakland Waterfront)

    Your Ticket Donation of $50.00

    will help in the purchase of uniforms and sheet music in support of the Cadets

    Tax deductible to the full extent of the law (estimated $25.00 for attendees)

    Afternoon events include...

    • Entrance aboard President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s “Floating White House”
    • Live band music
    • Decadent desserts
    • Wine tasting
    • Bottled Water

    in addition other opportunities include...

    • Souvenir Polaroid picture at the helm
    • Door prize drawing
    • Silent Auction concluding at 1740

    Jack London Square parking garages nearby; street parking is free.

    Request Tickets by emailing to: seacadet@...

    Or send check or money order made payable to: Navy League PCR

    Post Office Box 137, Newman, California 95360-0137.

    Include a telephone number and a self addressed stamped envelope

    for return ticket(s) or they will be held at the dock.

    Ticket requests postmarked by Monday, July 30th, please.

    More on the ship: www.usspotomac.org

    More on the Sea Cadet Band of the West: www.bandofthewest.org