NLUS Pacific Merchant Marine Council fun-filled fundraiser aboard the USS POTOMAC (AG-25), Oakland, 1600, Sunday, 5 August 2012
- Ahoy Members and Friends,History is being made and we invite you to be a part of it!
Our council's Vice President, Youth Affairs, Karen Freitas, is Event Chairman. She can be reached at (209) 862-1371.Thank you.Heave Ho,PhelpsPhelps Hobart, PresidentPacific Merchant Marine CouncilNavy League of the United States(916) 739-6949
- First, the year 2012 is the 50th Anniversary of the US Naval Sea Cadets Corps; this event salutes and supports a remarkable Division
- Second, this is our council's first fundraiser; the pleasure of your company, family members, and friends is welcome aboard
- Third, donated items and services for the silent auction are requested
- Fourth, your assistance in "passing the word" is appreciated; an invitation is attached.
The Navy League Pacific Merchant Marine Council
Is pleased to sponsor a fun-filled fundraiser in support of the
Arkansas Division of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps
featuring the Naval Sea Cadet Band of the West
1600 - 1800, Sunday, 5 August 2012
Pierside aboard the USS Potomac (AG-25)
The Presidential Yacht is moored at the foot of Clay Street
540 Water Street (near Jack London Square, Oakland Waterfront)
Your Ticket Donation of $50.00
will help in the purchase of uniforms and sheet music in support of the Cadets
Tax deductible to the full extent of the law (estimated $25.00 for attendees)
Afternoon events include...
- Entrance aboard President Franklin D. Roosevelts Floating White House
- Live band music
- Decadent desserts
- Wine tasting
- Bottled Water
in addition other opportunities include...
- Souvenir Polaroid picture at the helm
- Door prize drawing
- Silent Auction concluding at 1740
Jack London Square parking garages nearby; street parking is free.
Request Tickets by emailing to: seacadet@...
Or send check or money order made payable to: Navy League PCR
Post Office Box 137, Newman, California 95360-0137.
Include a telephone number and a self addressed stamped envelope
for return ticket(s) or they will be held at the dock.
Ticket requests postmarked by Monday, July 30th, please.
More on the ship: www.usspotomac.org
More on the Sea Cadet Band of the West: www.bandofthewest.org