Second Call: Invitation: Navy League Reception and Luncheon for RADM Dixon R. Smith, USN, 1215, 20 July 2012
- Ahoy Navy Leaguer and Friends,Sacramento Navy Week, July 16 - 22, continues to come together.Something new has been added to the schedule!I've attached a flyer / invitation for an event 1000,Thursday, July 19, on the West Steps of the State Capitol featuring RADM Smith, State Sen. Fran Pavley, and other speakers. The event will highlight the Navy's commitment to clean / alternative energy sources, and partnerships with California companies in this field. I think you have read about the Navy, actually the military, going "GREEN."The flyer has the details. This is a free public event, so please feel free to attend and distribute it to anyone else who might be interested in attending.Also on Thursday (First Responders and Armed Forces Day) from 1100 to 2200 we again have a Navy League / Sea Cadet information table at the State Fair. You will find us on Chevy Hill, to the left inside the main gate (near the security office). We welcome some Sea Cadets in uniform to join us at the table. Besides military personnel, veterans and Sea Cadets with appropriate identification can enter the Fair for free the 19th. The State Fair's website, http://bigfun.org, has information.Thank you to the Navy Leaguers who have prepaid their luncheon reservations.Your luncheon tickets will be held for you at the door. Off-street parking is free. Please check out http://www.casagardenrestaurant.org and see what a wonderful service organization the restaurant supports.There is a $5 savings if your check arrives before or on July 16. For reservations and payments after Monday, July 16, please be prepared to pay $25.If you have a friend or business associate who would like to join the Navy League, for $50+ he or she enjoys lunch with the admiral, us, and a Navy League membership! Please forward this message on with your own introduction.Anchors Aweigh,Phelps HobartVice President - MembershipLuncheon ChairmanSacramento CouncilNavy League of the United States(916) 739-6949
Navy Week returns to Sacramento July 16 - 22, 2012! Sacramento Navy Week 2012, in conjunction with the California State Fair, will be packed with events demonstrating the mission of the U.S. Navy and its proud heritage. Navy Weeks are designed to educate Americans on the importance of Naval service, understand the investment they make in their Navy and to increase awareness in cities which might not otherwise see the Navy at work on a regular basis.
Attend the reception and luncheon to greet and enjoy lunch with the admiral, members of his staff, other naval personnel, Navy Leaguers, and invited guests. The occasion promises to be a highlight of the Sacramento Councils summer activities! We welcome you to join the Navy League - lunch is on us if you come aboard for one ($50), two ($90) or three ($125) years.
Casa Garden Restaurant
2760 Sutterville Road, Sacramento
Please indicate menu choices on a note or on your check:
· Chicken Milanese - crispy panko and parmesan crusted chicken breast toped with roasted tomato sauce. Served with herb seasoned orzo pasta and a spinach salad.
· Greek Salad baby lettuce and romaine tossed with a Greek seasoned shallot vinaigrette. Toppings include marinated shrimp, artichoke hearts, red onions, cucumbers, red bell peppers, tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese.
· Vegetarian pasta with a side salad.
Warm rolls, butter, coffee, hot or iced tea along with Casa Garden mocha puffs for dessert.
Luncheon Payment (Checks or money orders payable to Navy League Sacramento Council, PO Box 191403, Sacramento CA 95819-1403):
· Reception complementary
· Luncheon (checks received before the start of Sacramento Navy Week, July 16) $20, during Navy Week $25
· Additional donation for Sea Cadet, Sea Scout, and Eagle Scout lunches $20 each
· Luncheon or reception sponsorship (includes signage, Navy League community affiliate membership, plaque, four individual memberships and four luncheons) $400+
· Table sponsorship (Includes signage, Navy League individual membership, one luncheon) $50+
Additional Information: Phelps Hobart, Luncheon Chairman, (916) 739-6949 or (916) 955-3972, NLSAC@...