Festival Of Sail San Francisco July 23-28

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008
      As to the festival, the Pacific Mercant Marine Council's involvement will focus on the merchant sailing ships participating in the festival.

      Look to 2008 as the year we strengthen our relationship with the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association. In December I met with the park superintendent, members of the staff, and a few volunteers. They are aware of our council and its goals in support of US flag merchant shipping.

      The park's scow schooner Alma and squre-rigged Balclutha have a long history of merchant shipping. Visit http://www.festivalofsail.org/ships.asp for a list of sailing ships participating in the festival.

      Phelps

      San Francisco Bay welcomes Tall Ships® from all over the world as they proudly sail under the Golden Gate Bridge and into the hearts of young and old for one week in July 2008! The awe-inspiring vessels will be docked along the waterfront offering the public the unique opportunity to tour, sail and learn.

      In addition to the ships' arrival, the entire waterfront will be transformed in to an international nautical attraction celebrating maritime past, present and future. With an abundance of family activities including cultural and musical entertainment, educational programs and events, Festival of Sail San Francisco will enchant and delight the Bay Area. Join us!

      Tickets go on sale in 2008.

      The Festival of Sail San Francisco is being produced by the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. If you, your company or organization is interested in financially supporting or volunteering at this event, please contact us. We couldn't do it without you!

      The Tall Ships® begin their West Coast voyage nearly a month before they arrive in San Francisco. From late June through early September these magnificent ships will be sailing the Pacific coast and visiting ports along the way. Here is the schedule for their 2008 port visits.

      • Victoria, British Columbia June 26th-30th
      • Tacoma, Washington July 2nd-8th
      • Port Alberni, British Columbia July 10th-12th
      • San Francisco, California July 23rd-28th
      • Channel Islands, California August 7th-10th
      • Los Angeles, California August 13th-17th
      • San Diego, California August 20th-24th
      • Dana Point, California September 6th-7th

      The US Coast Guard Eagle is confirmed for the 2008 Festival of Sail festivities!

      Festival of Sail San Francisco

      San Francisco Waterfront

      July 23-28, 2008

      International nautical attraction to include tall ship festivals

      For information, contact:  Joanne Fedeyko (415) 995-6930