Invitation: Sacramento Council Reception and Luncheon Friday, July 20

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2012
    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    Anyone care to venture over to Sacramento? May I suggest Friday, July 20, as a great day for visiting? State Fair in progress and what is shaping up to be a fine Navy League luncheon mid-day.

    The council will pick up the tab for new members who sponsor a table @ $50 or more or the businesses that sponsor the reception or the luncheon @ $400 or more. Sacramento Council membership is an option but so is Pacific Merchant Marine Council affiliation. We will work it out somehow.

    I have been telephoning members but better yet give me a call. We can talk about the Navy League, the council, and what is going on.

    Here are three additional confirmed dates...
    • Sunday, 1600 - 1800, August 5, 2012, Pacific Merchant Marine Council and Arkansas Division Sea Cadets fun fundraiser on the USS POTOMAC dockside, $50 per person.
    • Friday, 1130, August Pacific Central Region Coast Guard Awards Presentation, Coast Guard Island, Alameda.
    • Saturday, Pacific Central Region meeting, Coast Guard Island, Alameda.
    Now, back to getting the invitation below and attached distributed elsewhere. Do attend if possible.

    Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 8:58 AM
    Subject: Invitation: Sacramento Council Reception and Luncheon Friday, July 20

    Navy League of the United States Sacramento Council

    The pleasure of your company is requested at a reception and luncheon

    Rear Admiral Dixon R. Smith, Commander, Navy Region Southwest

    Guest of Honor and Speaker

    Friday, July 20, 2012

    1215 ~ Social on Casa Garden’s shaded patio

    1300 ~ Lunch in Casa Garden’s dining room

    Casa Garden Restaurant

    2760 Sutterville Road
    Sacramento, CA 95820

    http://www.casagardenrestaurant.org

    Please indicate menu choices on a note or on your check:

    ·         Chicken Milanese - crispy panko and parmesan crusted chicken breast toped with roasted tomato sauce.  Served with herb seasoned orzo pasta and a spinach salad.

    ·         Greek Salad – baby lettuce and romaine tossed with a Greek seasoned shallot vinaigrette. Toppings include marinated shrimp, artichoke hearts, red onions, cucumbers, red bell peppers, tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese.

    ·         Vegetarian pasta with a side salad.

     Coffee, hot or iced tea along with Casa Garden mocha puffs for dessert.

    Tariff (Checks or money orders payable to Navy League Sacramento Council, PO Box 191403, Sacramento CA 95819-1403):

    ·         Reception – complementary

    ·         Luncheon (checks received before the start of Sacramento Navy Week, July 16) $20, during Navy Week $25

    ·         Additional donation for Sea Cadet, Sea Scout, and Eagle Scout lunches $20 each

    ·         Luncheon or reception sponsorship (includes signage, Navy League community affiliate membership, plaque, four individual memberships and four luncheons) $400+

    ·         Table sponsorship (Includes signage, Navy League new individual membership, one luncheon) $50

    Additional Information: Phelps Hobart, Luncheon Chairman, (916) 739-6949 or 955-3972, NLSAC@...