Bay Planning Coalition DecisionMakers Conference, Thursday, April 26 at Scott's Seafood

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2012
    2012 DMC - Frank C. Boerger Award Winner Announced

    "The Pacific Merchant Marine Council

    We're for United States prosperity and that means JOBS! How can we assist you?

    The council supports and advocates for a stronger, more vibrant, merchant marine. But we don't stop there. We're for our nation’s extensive port facilities and services, shipyards that build state of the art vessels, stronger shipping companies, removing impediments to expeditiously moving goods… In short, all of our nation's maritime industry. "

    The above are the lead sentences in our council's "About Us 2012" one page fact sheet. I bring this to your attention in that is exactly what the Bay Planning Coalition, http://bayplanningcoalition.org, of which the council is a member, is about locally.

    The Coalition's upcoming DecisionMakers Conference at Scott's Seafood Thursday, April 26, brings the subject of maritime prosperity home to the San Francisco Bay Area. Please join me and other council members as we network and listen to the presentations. Of special note in this special 25th anniversary event, http://bayplanningcoalition.org/dmc, is economist Jock O'Connell as well as the discussion on the America's Cup and its economic impact.

    Please wear your Navy League lapel pin!

    President, Pacific Merchant Marine Council

    Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 4:24 PM
    Subject: 2012 DMC - Frank C. Boerger Award Winner Announced

    Click to view this email in a browser

    New Announcements!
    Thursday, April 26, 2012
    8:00am - 4:35pm
    2012 DMC logo 3
    Seating is Limited - Register Today
    box_top.gif

    Frank C. Boerger Award Winner Announced!

    Bay Planning Coalition is pleased to announce that Will Travis, former Executive Director of the San Francisco Bay Planning and Development Commission, is the 2012 recipient of the Frank C. Boerger Award.

    BPC presents the Frank C. Boerger Award (Award) to Will Travis, an individual who appreciates the rigors of advocating environmental protection and economic progress, and forges the path to achieve both. Will is passionate in his convictions, balanced in his judgment, and talented at bringing diverse interests and stakeholders together to address the issues of environment and development.

    Please join us in congratulating Will Travis at the 2012 Decisionmakers Conference!

    register

    2012 Sponsors

    box_bottom.gif

    2012 Donors

    Alameda County
    Public Works Agency

    AMEC

    BKF Engineers

    BIA of the Bay Area
    DMB Saltworks

    Eagle Rock
    Aggregates, Inc
    Farella Braun &
    Martel

    Fugro Consultants

    HDR Engineering

    Montezuma Wetlands
    Port of Richmond
    San Francisco Bar
    Pilots
    San Francisco
    Waterfront Partners
    Santa Clara Valley
    Water District
    Sheppard Mullin
    Richter & Hampton
    Sims Metal
    Management

    Sonoma County
    Water Agency

    URS Corporation

    View Sponsorship Opportunities!

    In-kind Sponsors

    SFCCLogoStackedPos4C 2

    IACCC 2
    bpc-footer

    2012 Speakers

    OPENING ADDRESSHonorable Mayor Jean Quan, City of Oakland
    KEYNOTE ADDRESSJock O’Connell, Beacon Economics
    LUNCHEON SPEAKERR. Zachary Wasserman, Chair – BCDC

    PANELISTS

    Guy Bjerke - Manager Bay Area Region & State Safety Issues, Western States Petroleum Association

    CAPT Matt Bliven - US Coast Guard

    John Craig – Principal Race Officer, America’s Cup Race Management

    LTC Torrey A. DiCiro, PE, PMP – Commander & District Engineer, USACE-SPN

    Steven Goldbeck - Executive Director (acting), BCDC

    Isaac Kos-Read – Director of External Affairs, Port of Oakland

    Bill Lindsay - City Manager, City of Richmond

    Jim McGrath - Commissioner BCDC; Regional Water Quality Control Board

    David Olson – Olson Steel; Recreational Boater

    Jack Robertson – VP Community Development; Lennar

    Richard Rhoads – Vice President, Moffat & Nichol

    Phil Tagami - California Capital & Investment Group

    PRESENTERS

    Jon Haveman, Bay Area Council Economic Institute

    Gary Lucks, Environmental Resource Management

    Eric Sapirstein, ENS Resources

    MODERATORS

    Len Cardoza, Weston Solutions

    JoAnne Dunec, Miller Starr Regalia