President Phelps Hobart out and about...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012

      Monday, February 27, I, along with my wife Teddy, ventured down from Sacramento to Stockton for lunch with our friends in the NLUS Stockton Council. Stas Margaronis, Director - Marine Highways, came over from Santa Rosa. Together we did a presentation on the Pacific Merchant Marine Council,https://www.facebook.com/PMMC.NLUS, and the "M-580" the marine highway between Oakland and Stockton (and Sacramento). We enjoyed a tasty lunch at the Spaghetti Factory on Marsh Lane. February 15, I presented a similar program to our friends in the Sacramento Valley Chapter of the American Merchant Marine Veterans.

      March 1 I presented the Navy League's Community Affiliate Membership plaque to Ray Enos, President of Downtown Ford in Sacramento. Purchased my Mercury Grand Marque there as well as my previous Ford Crown Victoria. Both have received service there. Show your Navy League card and who knows you might get a discount. Navy Leaguer Ted Welsh is very pleased with the deal he made on his new Ford Explorer he purchased at Downtown Ford. The membership is affiliated with the Sacramento Council where I have a life membership and serve as Vice President - membership. We continue to encourage Community Affiliate Memberships with out council. For $400, the package includes four individual memberships and the attractive plaque. Contact me for any membership matter. Four new members came aboard the Pacific Merchant Marine Council in February.

      Sunday, February 26, Senior Vice President Roger Bazeley and myself spent the afternoon over at Coast Guard Island for the Annual Inspection of the Arkansas Sea Cadets. We presented awards and thoroughly enjoyed the Division's Band of the West performing. All very special - more on this later with additional photos.