Fw: Join Us at WEST 2012 in San Diego
Join Us at WEST 2012 in San DiegoAhoy,This is always a popular West Coast event. From what I understand it is similar to the Navy League's Sea Air Space Exposition, http://www.seaairspace.org, on the East Coast April 16-18.If you let me know you are registered and intend to attend, I can inform you of others in our region going as well.PhelpsPhelps HobartSenior Vice PresidentPacific Central Region----- Original Message -----From: US Naval InstituteTo: nlsac@...Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:54 AMSubject: Join Us at WEST 2012 in San DiegoIs this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
"America's Military at the Crossroads: What's Out and What's In for 2012 and Beyond?"January 24-26, 2012
San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA
Registration is FREE for panel sessions and exhibits. Tickets are required for meals and the evening event.
Co-sponsored by the U.S. Naval Institute and AFCEA International, West 2012 is the largest event on the West Coast for communications, electronics, intelligence, information systems, imaging, military weapon systems, aviation, shipbuilding, and more.
Listen to confirmed keynote speakers:
ADM Mike Mullen, USN (Ret.), former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, who will make his first public speaking appearance since retiring.
LtGen George J. Flynn, USMC, Director, J-7, Joint Staff
VADM William E. Gortney, USN, Director, Join Staff
SFC Leroy Petry, USA, Medal of Honor recipient and Mrs. Petry in a conversation with Mr. David Hartman, former host of Good Morning America
RADM Sean A. Pybus, USN, Commander, Naval Special Warfare Command
Honorable Robert O. Work, Under Secretary of the Navy
Newly added panel discussion:
Junior Warfighters: What Issues Keep Them Awake at Night?
Attend dynamic panel discussions:
- The Navy and the Marine Corps: Hang Together or Hang Separately?
- The Future of Shipbuilding: What Can the Nation Afford?
- Warfighters vs. Support: Do We Have the Equation Right?
- Info at Sea: What Do the Warfighters Need?
- Info at Sea: How Much Security Can the Sea Service Afford?
- China: How Big a Factor Should It Be in DoD Planning?
Engagement Theater Presentations on the Exhibit Floor
The U.S. Naval Institute and AFCEA International offered the major commands in the greater San Diego area to make 50-minute presentations at WEST in a special theater set up on the exhibit floor. These are opportunities for the commands to brief the attendees on subjects of their choice. Command briefings include:
- U.S. Third Fleet/San Francisco Fleet Week - Defense Support for Civil Affairs Senior Leadership Seminar/Table Top Exercise
- U.S. Third Fleet/RIMPAC - 2012
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command
- I Marine Expeditionary Force
- Naval Air Forces/Naval Air Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet
- Navy Information Dominance Way Ahead
- Better Buying Power
- Delivering Integrated Communications - The Future, The Challenge
- Minimizing Total Ownership Costs while Delivering Innovative Capabilities to the Fleet
- Navy's Data Center Consolidation Initiative
- SPAWAR BMD efforts: an example of real-world system-of-systems capability
- Communications and GPS Migration/Roadmap
- SAILOR 2.1 Demonstration
- Single Technical Authority for C4I - The Challenge
- Foreign Military Sales
- Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) and Naval Networks
- JTRS Enterprise Business Model
- JPEO JTRS Update
- SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic Initiatives
- Sea Warrior Program Overview
- Technology Trends in Navy C4ISR
Take advantage of other special sessions and events offered:
- Network with colleagues at the Take Me Out to the Ballgame event at PETCO Park
- DON CIO IM and IT Sessions
- 400+ Defense and IT Exhibitors
- Professional Development Courses
- ComDef West 2012
- Satellite Industry Association's Naval and Maritime Commercial SATCOM Users' Workshop
For more information about West and to register click here.
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!Copyright © 2012 U.S. Naval Institute, All rights reserved.
You are receiving our monthly newsletter because you signed up at www.usni.org.
Our mailing address is:U.S. Naval Institute291 Wood RoadAnnapolis, MD 21402
Add us to your address book