Final Call: Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS, Luncheon Invitation, 1130 Monday, 19 December

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2011
    FINAL CALL: Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS, Luncheon Invitation, 1130 Monday, 19 December

    Thank you to all who have made reservations! If you are not sure your reservation is recorded, reply to this message.

    Procrastinators, want to attend this Christmas luncheon party (think networking) and you haven't made a reservation? Reply to this message pronto and be prepared to pay $20 at the door.

    Without a reservation, your name will likely not be on the guest list Sam Sause will be presenting to his Coast Guard contact. That essentially means you can't drive past Coast Guard Island's guarded gate. Everyone attending needs a government picture identification card.

    Oh, drivers be sure you have your drivers license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. This whole event, well at least getting through the gate, is a Homeland Security evolution. Be prepared.

    We have scratched the guest of honor/speaker. But we have substituted something extra special... After the luncheon we will go over to see the USCG Cutter STRATTON (WMSL-) dockside. She is arriving at her homeport December 19! Sam is going to see if we can visit aboard.

    Note nominations for council 2012 officers and directors are being accepted. Their election followed by their installation will take place on the 19th. This luncheon incorporates our "Annual Meeting."

    Remember any of your guests who join the Navy League and our council, lunch is complementary. Also remember our incredible membership special, if financial assistance is needed, get three years for $75.

    Talk to me about any council matters.

    Commissioning information: http://uscgcstrattoncommissioning.com The commissioning is scheduled for Saturday, March 24. Those who have assisted with a financial donation for the gala event will be receiving their invitations in late January. Not too late to get on the guest list.

    • Date: Monday, 19 December 2011
    • Time: Social 1130 ~ Lunch 1200 - 1345
    • Place: Special Events Room (adjacent to the Mile Rock Dining Room), Coast Guard Island, Alameda
    • Cost:  $20 if you haven't paid in advance
    Details:
    • Reservations made by telephone or E-mail $20.
    • Note: Non-military attendees will be placed on a Gate List and must present a photo ID at the gate. Vehicles must have registration and proof of insurance.
    • Guests welcome. Complementary lunch for guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with the council.
    • Complementary Lunch for Sea Cadets.
    • Luncheon and table sponsors appreciated.
    • Menu features a catered buffet hot meal with various entrees, salad bar, assorted beverages and dessert.
    • Decorations by the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
    • Side Boys, Color Guard, and Piper duties performed by Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
    • Nominations, election, and installation of 2012 officers and directors.
    • Theodore Roosevelt Youth Awards to leading Arkansas Division Sea Cadet and League Cadet.
    • Presentation of council check to support the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN.
    • Popular fund-raising “Opportunity To Win” (50 - 50 drawing) to aid council support for the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
    • Donations in addition always welcome – they help us meet expenses and support the O’BRIEN, Sea Cadets and Toys for Tots.
    • Grace by Father James Wade, Council Chaplain.
    • National Anthem, Eternal Father Strong to Save, and Heave Ho.
    • Taps in remembrance of those mariners who have passed over the bar.
    • Music by Karen Freitas, violin, and Roger Bazeley, trumpet.
    • Complementary parking.
    • Opportunity to share news, a sea story, a joke, or a remark.
    • Council board meeting follows the luncheon.
    • Next luncheon scheduled for Monday, March 19, 2012 .
    • Information: (916) 739-6949, PMMC at cwo dot com.

    The Navy League of the United States, founded with President Roosevelt's encouragement in 1902, is a civilian organization with more than 50,000 members. The League reminds the American public and government officials that the United States is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and U. S. flag Merchant Marine. NLUS and its 250 councils sponsor activities, events, and awards along with supporting military and Sea Cadet units. Its monthly magazine Sea Power covers United States maritime defense news. Individual, community affiliate, and corporate memberships are available. Websites: http://www.navyleague.org and for membership http://www.navyleague.org/membership.