Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS, Luncheon Invitation, 1130 Monday, 19 December
Navy League of the United States
Citizens in Support of the Sea Services
Pacific Merchant Marine CouncilYou are cordially invited to our 5th Anniversary Luncheon ~ our Gala Holiday Luncheon:
- Date: Monday, 19 December 2011
- Time: Social 1130 ~ Lunch 1200 - 1345
- Place: Special Events Room (adjacent to the Mile Rock Dining Room), Coast Guard Island, Alameda
- Guest of Honor / Program Speaker: To be announced
- Cost: $15 with advance reservation by check ~ $20 without.
- Please send reservation check payable to Phelps Hobart to PO Box 191403 , Sacramento CA 95819-1403 .
- Reservations made by telephone or E-mail $20.
- Note: Non-military attendees will be placed on a Gate List and must present a photo ID at the gate. Vehicles must have registration and proof of insurance.
- Guests welcome. Complementary lunch for guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with the council.
- Complementary Lunch for Sea Cadets.
- Luncheon and table sponsors appreciated.
- Menu features a catered buffet hot meal with various entrees, salad bar, assorted beverages and dessert.
- Decorations by the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
- Side Boys, Color Guard, and Piper duties performed by Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
- Nominations, election, and installation of 2012 officers and directors.
- Theodore Roosevelt Youth Awards to leading Arkansas Division Sea Cadet and League Cadet.
- Presentation of council check to support the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN.
- Popular fund-raising Opportunity To Win (50 - 50 drawing) to aid council support for the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
- Donations in addition always welcome they help us meet expenses and support the OBRIEN, Sea Cadets and Toys for Tots.
- Grace by Father James Wade, Council Chaplain.
- National Anthem, Eternal Father Strong to Save, and Heave Ho.
- Taps in remembrance of those mariners who have passed over the bar.
- Music by Karen Freitas, violin, and Roger Bazeley, trumpet.
- Complementary parking.
- Opportunity to share news, a sea story, a joke, or a remark.
- Council board meeting follows the luncheon.
- Next luncheon scheduled for Monday, March 19, 2012 .
- Information: (916) 739-6949, PMMC@....
The Navy League of the United States, founded with President Roosevelt's encouragement in 1902, is a civilian organization with more than 50,000 members. The League reminds the American public and government officials that the United States is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and U. S. flag Merchant Marine. NLUS and its 250 councils sponsor activities, events, and awards along with supporting military and Sea Cadet units. Its monthly magazine Sea Power covers United States maritime defense news. Individual, community affiliate, and corporate memberships are available. Websites: http://www.navyleague.org and for membership http://www.navyleague.org/membership.The Leagues Pacific Merchant Marine Council, chartered 11 December 2006, supports the United States maritime industry. Luncheon meetings are quarterly. Membership is steadily climbing and its activities continue to expand. Website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS.