Fw: Opportunity to Sing For Amer ica, Have Fun and Help Marines’ Memorial

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2011

      Pass The Word... Make A Joyful Noise...

      Who sings in a choir or chorus? Hey, this special event is for you.

      Sign up in November. Rehearse in January, February and March. Then perform together on April 17, 2012! Read on...

      Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:38 PM
      Subject: Opportunity to Sing For America, Have Fun and Help Marines’ Memorial

      Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel

       Sing for America and Help The Marines' Memorial

       Members and Friends of Marines’ Memorial:

      ,

      Many of you know Erich Stratmann who has performed at our Birthday Celebration each year for over a decade and who puts together the cabaret shows here at the Club.    Erich is organizing a "Sing For America" Chorus to perform in the Herbst Theater in our Veteran's Building next to the Opera House next April. The event will help  raise money for the Marines Memorial Theatre  (greatly in need of updating).

       Erich is offering you, an opportunity to be a part of a Sing For America chorus.  The Chorus will include members of the San Francisco Opera Chorus and local church choirs.  If you sing with your own choir or barbershop group or community choir, you can handle the music........especially with the training you will receive from the conductors assembled for this event.  It sounds like fun all the way...and a great benefit to the Marines Memorial.

      Click here and get a more complete explanation of the activity that will bring all those who love to sing and socialize, together.  Then, if you want to be part of this chorus, please send an email to SINGFORAMERICA@... and we will be in touch with you to arrange the details.

       Sincerely,

       MajGen J. Michael Myatt  USMC (ret.)

      Marines' Memorial Association
      609
      SUTTER STREET • SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA 94102-1027 • UNITED STATES
      TELEPHONE: (415) 673-6672 • FAX: 441-3649

      Privacy Policy  |  Email Preferences

      Copyright 2009 Marines' Memorial Association

      Have Fun and Help The Marines' Memorial

      We need your help in getting this original charitable effort off the ground – a push to raise funds for small performing arts organizations. We think it would be a great bit of fun for you as well. Please take a serious look at the following description…….

      SingforAmerica Foundation - a non-profit, activity-based fundraising event, much the same as an Aids Walk, or Marathon for Leukemia with Teams in Training.

      The DIFFERENCE: no running! JUST SINGING......... AND 50% of funds raised by choristers is given to the members/participants/singers as a check made out to THEIR choice of Charities. Their Voice - Their Choice! The other half of the raised dollars go to charities picked by the Board of Directors – to small performing arts organizations.

      Details: We will produce a benefit concert at Herbst Theater on April 17th, 2012, with rehearsals in January, February and March - perhaps 10-12 such rehearsals. There is leeway as to attendance requirements.

      However, the “Benefit Concert” does not raise the funds. Instead, for every participant we will create a page on our website to which, using Email, Facebook or Twitter, they will contact their friends across the nation with a gentle message about their own interest in this event, asking that they take a closer look via the link. .....to their........personal page.

      On their personal page would be a photo of that person and a short message on how they view the charitable goals of both their own interest and that of the Sing For America Foundation...and how 100% of the donated funds will go to charity, 50% to the charity of the singer's choice.

      The request to their friends would be that they make a donation, no more than is very comfortable, relative to their ability-to give....nothing to disrupt a friendship. There would also be an opportunity there to purchase a ticket to the Concert and a link to the description of the event. The potential is far greater than dollars raised by the concert.

      We are serious about this and have $40,000 in start-up funding committed and a website under construction. Joehovey.com/sfa. BUT we need 100 singers to sign on by the end of November so we can spend the dollars necessary to get under way in mid-January.

      Ian Robertson (SF Opera) will do a section of Opera Choruses, the rest will be easier music of a Broadway nature with soloists ....maybe Frank d'Ambrosio, etc. A show that will have the audience coming back each year. A show well within the abilities of current choral singers.

      Can you join us in raising dollars for your own charity this way - erich@...