Fw: Congratulations & Report from National Convention

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011

      As you can imagine a lot transpires at the NLUS National Convention. For sure I can’t report everything but will endeavor to provide additional information in the days ahead. SeaPower will have considerable information.

      I did get recognized twice... First for recruiting new members then for the council again having 100% membership retention last year. I have a lapel pin for the first and the council has another plaque for the second.

      There is a picture of former National President Dan Branch receiving the Navy’s Distinguished Public Service Award at http://www.seapowermagazine.org.

      Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 7:17 PM
      Subject: Congratulations & Report from National Convention

      Good evening all,

      At the National Meeting held in Chattanooga TN from October 26 - 30, 2011 the following National Directors were elected from the Pacific Central Region: Evan Baker, Carey Barnecut, Elizabeth Blanchard, Edward Dangler, Valerie Falk, Darrell Fike, Carol Ann Hackley, T. Cole Hackley, Don Hale, Phelps Hobart, Lorraine Hughey, Hadi Monsef, Marc Neeson, Bonnie Potter, Joe Revolinsky, Sam Sause and Ken Zadwick. Jeanne Sharkey was elected National Director Emeritus. My sincere congratulations to all and thank you for your willingness to serve the Navy League and the Pacific Central Region as National Directors.  I was re-elected as the Region President and the following were re-elected as Area Presidents: Carol Ann Hackley for Central California, Carey Barnecut for Northern California, Lorraine Hughey for San Francisco Bay and Darrell Fike for Northern Nevada.

      One of the highlights of the Convention was the induction of our very own Lorraine Hughey into the Hall of Honor based on her 31 years of outstanding service to the Navy League. Congratulations Lorraine!!! We are all proud of you and very thankful that you continue to support the Navy League mission in the Pacific Central Region. Another highlight of the convention was the Hall of Fame and Honors Luncheon where the following were recognized: Placer County, 2010 Meritorious Council; Contra Costa, 2010 Honorable Mention Council; Phelps Hobart, 2010 National President's Recruiting Pin Award for recruiting 22 new members; Pacific Merchant Marine Council for 100% Retention; Placer County for 89% Retention; Humboldt Bay for 85% Retention; West Contra Costa for 81% Retention and Elko for 80% Retention. Of the 37 Councils that were at or above 80% retention, 5 were from the Pacific Central Region! Congratulations to all!!

      I was happy to see the following individuals from our Region at the Convention: Evan Baker and his wife Bev, Carey Barnecut and his wife Kerry, Carol Ann and Cole Hackley, Don Hale, Phelps Hobart and his wife Teddy, Lorraine Hughey, Sam Sause, Ken Zadwick and his wife Dolores, and Genie Cancellior, National Director Emeritus. I really enjoyed spending time with all of you and hope you enjoyed the convention as much as I did. The next National Convention will be held in Honolulu, HI June 20 - 24, 2012 so you should save the date!! Because the next convention will be held in June instead of October, we will be planning a spring Region Meeting which will include a meeting of the Nominating Committee so that we can select our slate of candidates for national office before the convention. More information will be forthcoming.

      Happy Halloween!

      Bonnie

      Bonnie B. Potter, MD
      President, Pacific Central Region