Naval Air Station Lemoore hosts Airshow October 15 & 16, 2011
- Many thanks for the support to the councils who have adopted the Naval Air Station Lemoore or one or a tenant command! Special recognition for the Fresno and Greater Kings County Councils whose members who are frequently on the station lending a hand one way or the other. Possibly your council is considering another command adoption. The air wings or one of their squadrons based at NAS Lemoore would be an ideal choice. You can only imagine the appreciation they would have receiving letters and care packages while deployed.This coming weekend the station hosts a great air show emphasizing the centennial of naval aviation highlighted by many of its own air squadrons and the Navy Flight Demonstration Team, the Blue Angels. Estimates of over 40,000 visitors will attend the air show. If you are going, be sure to wear something Navy League and have membership applications at the ready.The Pacific Central Region is privileged to have the Naval Air Station Lemoore and its associated commands in our region. We are grateful for the key roll they supply in the defense of our nation.Up, up, and Away,PhelpsPhelps HobartSenior Vice PresidentPacific Central RegionNavy League of the United States______________________________October 15 &16, 2011
Saturday & Sunday, 10am - 4pm
Gates open at 8am
Free Blanket SeatingAir Show information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NASL-Air-Show/225091427503092Air Show Advance Photographs: https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Lemoore/About/AirShow/BLUEANGELSAir Show Schedule:
Time Performer Additional Info 8:00am Airfield opens 8:00am Static Displays All Day* (Ground Displays) 8:45am Air Show Announcer on the Air Mr. Bill Vasilovich 10:00am Navy Leap-Frogs Along with D-Day Doll/Nat'l Anthem 10:05am D-Day Doll 10:20am Spencer Suderman 10:30am Silver Wings 10:45am Ace Maker 11:00am Metal Mulisha 11:30am
VFA-122 TAC Demo VFA-122 Legacy Flight Wall of Fire
Pyro 11:50am Bill Cornick 12:04pm Search and Rescue (SAR) Demo 12:17pm John Collver 12:30pm Navy Leap Frogs 12:40pm Heavy Fly-by 12:45pm Commemorative Air Force (CAF) 1:00pm Race Demo Suderman and Cornick 1:18pm Jacquie B 1:30pm Dan Buchannan 1:42pm Smoke-N-Thunder 2:00pm Metal Mulisha 2:15pm Viper West F-16 Demo Team 2:30pm Doug Jardine 245pm Short Break 3:00pm The Blue Angels/Fat Albert 4:30pm Conclude Air Show Metal Mulisha Performs till 5pm
Naval Air Station Lemoore or NAS Lemoore, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Station_Lemoore, is a United States Navy base, located in Kings County and Fresno County, California. Lemoore Station, California, a census-designated place, is located inside the base's borders.
For a four minute video see https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Lemoore/index.htm. For information on the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Command Chief see https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Lemoore/About/Biographies/index.htm.
NAS Lemoore is the Navy's largest master jet base. Strike Fighter Wing Pacific, along with its associated squadrons, is home ported there. NAS Lemoore also hosts four Carrier Air Wings: Carrier Air Wing Two (CVW-2), Carrier Air Wing Nine (CVW-9), Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11) and Carrier Air Wing Fourteen (CVW-14).
Commissioned in 1961, NAS Lemoore is the newest air station in the U.S. Navy. It has two offset parallel runways 4,600 feet (1,400 m) apart. Aircraft parking and maintenance hangars are aligned between the 13,500-foot (4,100 m) runways. Separated from the hangars by underpasses beneath taxiways A & C, the remainder of the air operations area is located directly southeast.
In July 1998, NAS Lemoore was selected as the West Coast site for the Navys newest strike-fighter aircraft, the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. This action brings approximately 92 additional aircraft, 1,850 additional active duty personnel and 3,000 family members to NAS Lemoore and several associated facility additions or improvements.
The Navy also brought four new fleet squadrons to Naval Air Station Lemoore over the period 2001-2004. Additional military staffing will be required at Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department, Strike Fighter Weapons School Pacific, and Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training Unit Lemoore (CNATTU Lemoore) to support this effort.
With the transfer of NAS Miramar to the United States Marine Corps, NAS Lemoore now hosts the Navy's entire west coast fighter/attack capability. NAS Lemoore was built from the ground up as a Master Jet Base, and has several operational advantages, and relatively few constraints, as a result.
The Pacific Strike Fighter Wing with its supporting facilities are home ported here. The primary aircraft based at NAS Lemoore is the F/A-18 Hornet Strike Fighter. In November, 1999, NAS Lemoore received its first F/A-18 E/F Super Hornets, which replaced the F-14 Tomcat in fleet service as an air superiority fighter and has assumed, in a different configuration, the role of older F/A-18 Strike Fighters. Currently, there are a total of 175 Hornets and Super Hornets home-based at NAS Lemoore operating from one Fleet Replacement [training] Squadron and fourteen Fleet [operational] Squadrons.
Pacific Strike Fighter Wing
- Carrier Air Wing 2 (CVW-2), assigned to: USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72)
- Carrier Air Wing 5 (CVW-5), forward deployed to NAF Atsugi, Japan; assigned to: USS George Washington (CVN-73)
- Carrier Air Wing 9 (CVW-9), assigned to: USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74)
- Carrier Air Wing 11 (CVW-11), assigned to: USS Nimitz (CVN-68)
- Carrier Air Wing 14 (CVW-14), assigned to: USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76)
F/A-18A+/B/C/D Hornets F/A-18E/F Super Hornets
- VFA-2 Bounty Hunters (F)
- VFA-14 Tophatters (E)
- VFA-22 Fighting Redcocks (F)
- VFA-41 Black Aces (F)
- VFA-122 Flying Eagles (A,B,C,D,E,F)
- VFA-137 Kestrels (E)
- VFA-147 Argonauts (E)
- VFA-154 Black Knights (F)
- VFA-27 Royal Maces (E) Forward deployed to NAF Atsugi,CVW-5
- VFA-102 Diamondbacks (F) Forward deployed to NAF Atsugi,CVW-5
- VFA-115 Eagles (E) Forward deployed to NAF Atsugi,CVW-5
- VFA-195 Dambusters (E) Forward deployed to NAF Atsugi,CVW-5
- Strike Fighter Wing Pacific
- Strike Fighter Weapons School Pacific
- Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department
- AIMD Sea Operational Detachment
- Fleet Industrial Support Center San Diego, Det Lemoore
- Fleet Aviation Specialized Operational Training Group, Pacific Fleet
- Marine Aviation Training Support Group
- Naval Air Technical Services Facility Detachment
- Naval Aviation Engineering Service Unit
- Naval Air Maintenance Training Group
- Naval Hospital
- Naval Branch Dental Clinic
- Naval Training Systems Center
- Trainer Systems Support Activity
- Navy Operational Support Center (formerly Naval Air Reserve Center)
- Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Detachment.
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service NCISRA
- Naval Legal Service Office, Southwest Branch Office
- Aviation Survival Training Center
- NATEC, Naval Air Technical Data and Engineering Service Command
- NAFC, Naval Aviation Forecast Component
- Akers Elementary School (Preschool-8th)
- Neutra Elementary School (K-5)
- Military College
- "Naval Air Station Lemoore". Official web site. https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Lemoore/index.htm.
- "Naval Air Station Lemoore". GlobalSecurity.org. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/lemoore.htm.
- FAA Airport Master Record for NLC ( PDF)