Mothball Fleet Trip

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2011
    The USS IOWA (BB-61) should remain in the Reserve Fleet at Suisun Bay for another month or so before it is towed to San Pedro, http://www.pacificbattleship.com. If you come by additional information please let us know. Other ships in the fleet are being scrapped at the Allied Defense Recycling facility at the Mare Island Dry Dock.

    If someone knows additional information about the US Naval Academy Midshipmen going up against the San Jose State Spartans November 19 please contact Jeanne.

    Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011
    Subject: mothball fleet

    Phelps,

    Attached in a flyer about a ride out to see the mothball fleet from Sonoma Council.   Is this something you can put in your 'newsletter' to other councils?  If so would appreciate your help.

    Do you know anything about the Navy football game?   Last time they played here they gave me MANY tickets to give local Navy people etc.

    Jeanne

    Touchdown!

    This year the the US Naval Academy Midshipmen play football in our Pacific Central Region!

    US Naval Academy Midshipmen versus San Jose State University Spartans football game at San Jose State University November 19th. The game starts at 1:00 pm and will be seen on ESPN3, http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3.