Wreaths-Across-America Ceremonies 0900 PST Saturday, 15 December 2007

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      Please, if possible, visit one of the cemeteries this coming Saturday. Better to arrive early

      I will be with the American Merchant Marine Veterans at the Sacramento Valley VA National Cemetery - Dixon

      We remember, we honor, and we are trying to teach...

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2007
        Message

        It was definitely a special event 0900 this morning. A crisp, cool, and at the same time sunny morning.

        Very well attended. A highlight of the season!

        If you attended a ceremony elsewhere, please let us know.

        Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 2:04 PM
        Subject: Wreaths

        For the first time the Merchant Marine Flag is flown at the Sacramento

        Valley National VA Cemetery.  Cemetery Director told me this morning

        at the ceremony, that he now has permission to fly our flag during

        ceremonial events.  My guess is that if he can here in Sacramento,

        other National Cemeteries also have permission to do so.   This warms

        my  heart.  It has taken a long time but it is happening.  Hurray!!!!

        It was a great event our thanks to the DAR and all of the others most

        particularly the "Wreaths Across America" folks.

        The Merchant Marine flag for the first time.

        Bob Ulrich, Sacramento Valley Chapter lays the

        wreath for the Merchant Marine.

        The Wreath for the American Merchant Marine Veterans
        was accompanied by wreaths for the Army, Navy, Marines,
        Air Force, Coast Guard, POW'S and MIA'S.

        The beautiful green and red wreaths against the white headstones was a beautiful sight.

        Created with Novatix SendPhotos, the easiest and fastest way to share pictures.
        Check it out: http://www.sendphotos.com