Cruise the America's Cup course on the National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN
- Ahoy All,
Cruise the America's Cup course on our adopted WWII Ship - the National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIENThe cruise date is August 27.The cruise time is 0900 to 1400. Boarding begins at 0800.Your discounted cost is $57. Regular price $95 - http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org/EVENTS/cruises.htmMust be booked within two days and eight hours via http://bit.ly/nfwU3z.Please let the crew and staff know you are aboard complements of the Navy League's Pacific Merchant Marine Council invitation announcement.See details below.Heave Ho,PhelpsPhelps Hobart, PresidentPacific Merchant Marine CouncilNavy League of the United States___________________________________
What's cool about it
- All aboard a historic Liberty Ship to tour America's Cup racetrack.
- Sail the S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien, a restored WWII, D-Day vet.
- Be the first on your block to sail around Americas Cup racetrack.
- Get a close-up of the new Bay Bridge span & learn bridge history.
- This isn't a sailboat race - America's Cup is a high speed thriller.
- All morning to mid-afternoon: live music, breakfast & lunch on deck.
- Never be thirsty-drinks are unlimited from launch to landing.
What you get
You moved to San Francisco because of the Bay and you barely see it, except from your office window. That's no way to live a San Franciscan life. With this experience, cruise the bay over America's Cup racetrack and rekindle your love of the city that lured you from the place formerly known as home. America's Cup fans, depart from Pier 45 on the historic WWII Liberty Ship, S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien, and take in the views around the Bay while cruising the racetrack of America's Cup Finals. Begin the day with a continental breakfast, followed by delicious lunch served on the main deck at noon, plus live music and drinks are offered throughout. Aboard this fascinating vessel take a guided tour of the interior of the restored ship; pay special attention to the enormous steam engine room...it's where they filmed "Titanic's" engine scenes (yep, it's that big of a boat). Pop a stop under the Bay Bridge and fall even more in love with San Francisco as you learn the history of this architectural marvel from first construction to why it fell, to knowledge about the ongoing construction this stunning landmark. America's Cup has never touched the Bay Area waters, so welcome her with open arms (and your dancing shoes) into your favorite city. Most certainly, August 27 will be a day you remember: the day you were inspired to hang out more on the water.
- One purchase equals a day on the Bay cruising America's Cup racetrack, plus take a stop under the Bay Bridge on August 27th, 2011.
- Welcome America's Cup to San Fran on the SS Jeremiah O'Brien.
- See the famous steam engine room where "Titanic" was filmed.
- Breakfast, lunch, unlimited drinks and live music make it a party.
One experience can be purchased per person, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires August 27th, 2011. Due to US Coast Guard regulations, reservations required two weeks in advance. Special sailing trip takes place August 27th.