Fw: Potomac Currents Newsletter - Summer 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2011

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      One of our new Pacific Merchant Marine Council members is Marti Burchell, Executive Director of The Association for the Preservation of the Presidential Yacht Potomac.

      If you haven't been aboard dockside or for a bay cruise, let me encourage you to visit the ship, the visitors' center and experience for yourself what a wonderful treasure we have homeported at Jack London Square, Oakland.

      The POTOMAC is also available for private charter so if you know of a business or organization looking for a unique experience for employees, associates, or members, get in touch with her. Please let her know I suggested the visit, cruise, or charter. Thanks.

      Enjoy POTOMAC CURRENTS.

      Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 5:24 PM
      Subject: Potomac Currents Newsletter - Summer 2011

         News from FDR's Floating White House - Summer Edition 2011

      TOP STORIES

      Marti's Musings

      By MARTI BURCHELL

      An unexpected guest is greeted with maritime professionalism . . . >>>

      Mooring Lines. . .

      By VIRGINIA RAPP

      The Potomac - is there an "app" for that? . . . >>>

      Notes from the Archives. . .

      FDR's First Armored Car Ride

      By HANK LANEY, Curator

      History and war can make strange bed fellows. . . >>>

      Through the Eyes of a Child. . .

      By JENIFER & BRODI TURPIN

      For children, the Potomac is a wonderful adventure. Brodi's illustration says it all . . . >>>

      2011 Cruise & Events Schedule

      There is something for everyone including children. Book your Potomac adventure today . . . >>>

      Potomac Profiles

      With this edition, we feature a dynamic duo - do you have a favorite yacht? . . . >>>

      Friends of the Potomac

      The most important page in this edition of Potomac Currents. . . >>>

      Click here for a full edition of the

      Summer 2011 POTOMAC CURRENTS

      click on image to see more
      click on image to see more

      MOST POPULAR LINKS

      Cruise Calendar

      History

      Private Charters

      Become a Friend of the Potomac

      Potomac Library

      Student Cruises

      Affiliations

      Join us on facebook

      Trivia Question:

      70th Anniversary of the Atlantic Charter. Who signed it?

      Click to view this email in a browser

      USS Potomac
      540 Water Street
      Oakland, California 94604
      US
      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!