Re: The Wapama in Richmond waiting to be dismantled.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2011
      Ahoy All,
      Once again we are reminded of the wise decision of our council's officers and directors late last year to select Captain K. C. O'Brien as the first recipient of our council's Distinguished Member Medal.
      The Navy League could not have had a better individual be the first president of this council. It is not all he did getting this council up and running but it is also his rich maritime history, a personal history, that makes him so special.
      We thank him for occasionally sharing it with us. He writes in a way that makes one feel beside him as he learned the ropes, sat down to dinner with maritime legends, and carried on aboard a variety of vessels crossing the seas around the globe. Its a rich heritage few of us can emulate.
      For navigating this council as it initially proceed forward through unchartered waters BRAVO ZULU Captain Kerry C. O'Brien! You are special.

      Proudly awards its first

      Distinguished Member Medal

      Captain Kerry C. O’Brien, USMM (Ret.)

      In recognition of his dedication establishing the council.

      Phelps Hobart                                            20 December 2010