81Re: San Francisco Fleet Week 2007 Update

    Sep 22, 2007
      Dear Members and Friends,

      No information on ship tours as of yet - public or by pre-arranged groups. We will keep you posted on breaking news.  Anyone care to observe the next Fleet Week Coordination Meeting Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 1:30? Contact Don Hale, (408) 997-3282.

      From: "Dwayne Oslund" <fleetweek.sanfrancisco@...>
      To: "CAPT Dwayne Oslund, USN-Ret" <fleetweek.sanfrancisco@...>
      Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:50 PM
      Subject: Reminder--Next Fleet Week Coordination Meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 1:30

      > Greetings friends and supporters of San Francisco Fleet Week,

      Here is a reminder that our next Fleet Week 2007 Coordination Meeting is:

      > Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 at 1:30PM
      > aboard SS
      Jeremiah O'Brien in Cargo Hold 2
      > berthed at Fisherman's Wharf, Pier
      45.
      > (Parking is available in Shed C next to the ship's
      brow)

      > This will be the final planning coordination meeting
      prior to Fleet Week.

      > Attached for your information is
      our latest Calendar of Events.  Feel free to
      > contact me if you
      have updates or questions before then.

      > Hope to see you
      on the 25th.  R/Dwayne
      > --
      > CAPT Dwayne A. Oslund,
      USN-Ret
      > Vice Chair, San Francisco Fleet Week Committee
      > 5366
      Crown Court
      > Castro Valley, CA 94552-2616
      > C:
      510-710-2030
      > F:  510-537-4126
      > email:
      href="mailto:fleetweek.sanfrancisco@...">fleetweek.sanfrancisco@...

      CALENDAR OF EVENTS

      October 4-9, 2007

      (Updated 9/22/07)

      Events marked with an * are restricted to visiting crewmembers and event producers/sponsors.

      Ø San Francisco Mayor’s Fleet Week Media Availability* (Tentative)

      · Date, time, location TBD

      Ø Blue Angels Circle and Arrival Maneuvers

      · Thursday, 10/4, Noon-2PM & 3-4PM, SF Waterfront

      Ø Practice Air Show

      · Friday, 10/5, 1:00-4:30PM, SF waterfront

      § Blue Angels fly at 3PM

      Ø Fireworks on the Waterfront presented by Hornblower Cruises

      · Friday & Saturday, 10/5 & 6, 8:30PM (approx), Pier 3, San Francisco

      Ø Parade of Ships & Opening Ceremony presented by SF Fleet Week Committee

      · Saturday, 10/6, Time TBD, Marina Green & SF waterfront

      Ø Fleet Week Air Show presented by SF Fleet Week Committee

      · Saturday & Sunday, 10/6-7, 1:00-4:30PM, SF waterfront

      § USAF F-16 Viper Demo, Heritage Flight, Coast Guard Rescue Demo, Oracle, Collaborators, Patriot Jets, John Piggott

      §

      Live radio broadcasts--KSFO 560AM

      § Blue Angels fly at 3PM

      Ø Ship Greetings presented by Pacific Central Region Councils, U.S. Navy League *

      · Saturday, 10/6, Time upon arrival, Location pier side, San Francisco

      PIER 39 Fleet Week Celebration

      · Saturday & Sunday, 10/6-7, 4-7PM, PIER 39, San Francisco

      Ø Blue Angels/Air Show Performers Meet the Public presented by SF Fleet Week Committee and Navy Recruiting District San Francisco

      · Saturday, 10/7, 7:00-7:30PM, Location TBD

      Fleet Week Chairman’s Air Show Performers Reception* (by invitation)

      · Saturday, 10/6, 7:30-9:30PM, Location TBD

      Ship Tours for the Public

      · Sunday-Tuesday, 10/7-9, Noon-4PM, Piers 27 and 35

      § Group tours 9AM-Noon (by prior arrangement)

      Note: Canadian ship tours on Sunday & Monday only, Pier 27

      Ø BBQ for the Crew presented by Bay Area Law Enforcement agencies, Oakland A’s and Oakland Council, US Navy League*

      · Sunday, 10/7, 11AM-4PM, Pier 27, San Francisco

      Ø 137th Annual Italian Heritage Parade

      · Sunday, 10/7, 12:30-3:30PM, Fisherman’s Wharf/North Beach, San Francisco

      Ø Canadian Ship Reception presented by Consul General of Canada* (by invitation)

      · Monday, 10/8, Time Noon-2PM, Pier 27

      Ø Golf Tournament presented by Alameda Council, US Navy League*

      · Monday, 10/8, 12:30-6PM, Chuck Corica Golf Course, Alameda

      Community Relations Projects*

      · Monday or Tuesday, 10/8 or 10/9, various times, various locations SF, Oakland, Alameda