754NAVY LEAGUE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETTING ARLINGTON, VA 4 JUNE

  • MARK L SHAFER
    Jul 3, 2010
      Phelps,

      I just read "Navy League News" in the July issue of SEAPOWER, http://www.seapower-digital.com/seapower/spsample#pg64.  You showed-up good along with our Kings Pointer, Admiral Al Herberger in a photo on page 63.  Since you are President of the best Merchant Marine Council in the country, I guess you were pleased with Orlando Gotay, MARAD who emphasized the importance of the nation's maritime schools in delivering to the fleet, qualified, skilled Merchant Mariners.  I also noted that at the Merchant Marine Affairs Committee session 4 June, you welcomed Susan Gibbs and Dan McSweeney regarding our support of the SS UNITED STATES Conservancy.

      Keep up the good work,  Aloha,  Mark