    From: Don Hale
    Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:23 PM
    Subject: Fw: Region Meeting Flyer

    The next PACIFIC CENTRAL REGION MEETING is my last one as your president, so please spread the word to everyone and get your reservation sent in as soon as possible so we have an idea about numbers.
    Thanks to many people for their work setting this up.  Alameda Council members and the Sharkey family are prime contributors, and "Duty Driver" put the attached announcement together through several drafts without complaint.  Thanks to all.
    We have several presentations and speakers who are expert in their fields of work.  I know you'll enjoy the gathering, so please join us there.
    PCR region meeting in Alameda with Welcome Aboard on Friday, August 14 and great Region meeting on Saturday, August 15.
    I remind the nominating committee to be at Coast Guard Island on Friday, 14 August at 1330 following the Annual Coast Guard Awards Luncheon.  The committee will meet in the Point Welcome Room near the Galley area.  Each Council should be represented by the President or  a designated 'stand in'.
    Reminder.....everyone needs  proof of insurance and registration papers for your car  to get onto Coast Guard Island.
    I'm looking forward to a great couple meetings.  See you there.
    Best regards.
    Don Hale, President
    Pacific Central Region

    It’s Coming Saturday, August 15 !!!!! Region Meeting!!!
    At the lovely OTAEZA Restaurant in Downtown Alameda 1619 Webster Street, Alameda
    WELCOME ABOARD on Friday evening the 14th
    A Region meeting for EVERYONE who wants/needs to learn more about Navy League activities underway, more about Council operations, more about accomplishing our vital mission of supporting the SEA SERVICES. ALL are welcome to join us. How are our Navy League Councils accomplishing their mission and goals? Good??
    Not outstanding?? Need ideas on how to improve?? This is the opportunity!!! Council Presidents, Treasurers, Newsletter Editors, Legislative Liaisons. Special
    sessions will address issues you need to do your job and meet requirements. The day starts at 0830 with a continental breakfast. Meeting starts at 0900 with welcome remarks by Region President Don Hale, followed by a presentation on security issues we face in our ports today. Breakout sessions will be held on newsletters, current tax requirements for Council and National’s Legislative Initiative with Congress
    Dr. William Dunlop from the Lawrence Livermore Lab will discuss the current innovations and developments on the interdiction of nuclear materials and explosives to secure and safeguard our ports.
    Captain Martin McNair, USN (ret), a former Navy SEAL, will speak at lunch. He has stories to tell about his career experiences.
    On Friday Evening….(August 14th) Welcome Aboard at the lovely home of Sam Sauce, Alameda Council President. Begins at 1800 Hours at 816 Grand Street, Alameda. (Directions to follow)
    Staying overnight?? A couple suggestions: (Mention NAVY LEAGUE)Coral Reef Inn & Suites, 400 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501. Doubles and Queens
    at $85 + tax. Call (510) 521, 2330 or (800) 533-2330. Deadline August 1st.
    Hawthorne Suites, 1628 Webster St, Alameda, across from the Otaez Restaurant.
    Rate is $94 + tax. Includes warm breakfast for two. No deadline..
    Call (510) 522-1000. Ask for San Deep. Also, mention Barbara Price.
    Page Two
    Cost for Saturday event: $ 25 per person includes Continental Breakfast & Lunch
    Cost for Friday evening: $ 15 per person includes heavy hors d’oeuvres, wine, margaritas and beer.
    Cost for Friday and Saturday events: $40
    For information please call Jeanne Sharkey at 925-228-1375
    OTAEZ RESTAURANT, 1619 Webster Street, Alameda. (Parking in rear)
    Webster Street is the street which enters the Webster Tube from Oakland and passes under the
    estuary which separates Oakland and Alameda. Enter tube on Webster Street in Oakland.HAWTHORNE SUITES is located at 1628 Webster Street, across from the OTAEZ Restaurant.
    CORAL REEF INN & SUITES is located at 400 Park Street in Alameda. Use 23rd Street Bridge (off
    Highway 880) which becomes Park Street in Alameda.
    The Sauce’s Home is at 816 Grand Street. Alameda. Can be reached from Webster Street (through the Tube), or from Park Street Bridge. Turn right off Park Street onto Lincoln, or left off Webster onto Lincoln. Go to Grand Street. Turn right, if coming from Webster, or left if coming from Park Street. Sam is at 816 Grand just short of a mile from Lincoln on the left.
    RSVP Deadline Friday, August 7, please!!
    Checks payable to PCR NLUS. Send to Lorraine Hughey, 1650 Candelero Court, Walnut Creek, 94598-1020
    Enclosed is $ _______ for both events; or $________ for Saturday only at OTAEZ RESTAURANT
    Attending will be: ________________________________________________________________________
    Phone number _______________________________ Email ________________________________________

    Friday, August 14, 2009
    Point Welcome Room, Coast Guard Island Alameda
    Time: Social Hour 1130 Luncheon 1200
    Cost: $12.50 per person
    Navy Leaguers should show their appreciation by attending!
    For Information please call Jeanne Sharkey
    (925) 228-1375
    Reservations a MUST. Deadline Friday, Aug. 7, please!!
    Please make checks payable to PCR NLUS and mail to:
    Lorraine Hughey, 1650 Candelero Court, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-1020
    Enclosed is check for $_________ for ______ attendees.
    (Note: all non-military attendees MUST be placed on a Gate List and have photo ID)
  • Show all 2 messages in this topic