293Re: CalVet Vet News - Governor Signs Much Needed Legislation Benefiting Veterans

    Sep 30 10:52 PM
      Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:31 PM
      Subject: RE: CalVet Vet News - Governor Signs Much Needed Legislation Benefiting Veterans

      Phelps:

      Thanks for your support.  None of the bills the Governor signed will have an impact on the General Fund but all will help both veterans and those still on active duty with various aspects of their benefits and their lives.

      Best to you,

      Tom Johnson

      --- In PCR-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Phelps Hobart" <nlsac@...> wrote:

      These are tight times at the federal and state level but take a look at this. We are talking important support for our military personnel and returning veterans. Support in the past, support here and now, and support in future. Our nation and California cares!

      I think I stated it before, Secretary Tom Johnson and Undersecretary Roger Brautigan are Navy Leaguers!

      BRAVO ZULU for Governor Schwarznegger and his crew at the California Department of Veteran Affairs. Good going to the Senators and Assembly members sponsoring and supporting these bills and to the California National Guard and to the numerous veteran groups working behind the scenes.

      Phelps Hobart
      Vice President - Veteran Affairs
      Pacific Central Region, NLUS

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic