19Heads Up: For June our quarterly luncheon date is June 18th...

    Apr 13 7:26 AM
      Ahoy there!

      Heads up Pacific Merchant Marine Council member.

      Our beloved SS Jeremiah O'Brien is scheduled to be in the yard. Normally we would be aboard Monday, June 11th, but June only we will meet on the 3rd Monday. She is scheduled to be back dockside, Pier 45, prior to our rescheduled Luncheon date of Monday, June 18th.

      Please note this on your calendar now. Another reminder will be e-mailed early June.

      We will have a grand time on the 18th; bring your friends to lunch. Advance details below. Anticipate a council newsletter toward the mid-May confirming this and letting those without e-mail know what is happening.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      PS For a photo of the SS Jeremiah O'Brien and the Queen Mary, visit http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org/qm2_obrien2.jpg. Don't know about getting aboard the Queen Mary but for cruising aboard the O'Brien visit http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org/cruises.html.

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council Quarterly Luncheon Meeting

      Date:Monday June 18, 2007
      Time:11:30 am - 1:30 pm
      Author:Phelps Hobart, First Mate
      Type:Lunch
      Reminder:There is a reminder set for 14 days before this event.
      Location:National Liberty Ship Memorial SS Jeremiah O'Brien, Pier 45, San Francisco
      Street:Along San Francisco's Embarcadero Street locate Fishermen's Wharf, Directly north is Pier 45. Spot the SS Jeremiah O'Brien and head for it. Park in the ship's assigned spaces within the adjacent storage shed.
      Phone:(707) 332-7659
      All are welcome. Lunch this time is $15, not $20, and paid reservations by check are appreciated - PO Box 230, Fairfield CA 94533; complementary covered vehicle parking is adjacent to the ship.

      Note: Normally we would meet on the 11th but the ship is in the yard being worked on. She will be back dockside for our luncheon Monday, June 18th.

      The big event on the 18th is our adoption of the SS Jeremiah O'Brien - signed and sealed certificate, plaque, handshakes, photos, and of course comments!

      Lunch has been reduced from the normal $20 to $15 but we are asking for a donation. All donated funds collected will be presented along with the certificate and plaque.

      To maintain the old gal is expensive and a visit to the dry-dock really adds up. Your assistance is appreciated! If you desire a receipt for your donation for tax purposes we will have them at the luncheon.