1460"Strong Ports=Strong CA" Early Registration EXTENDED til 5/30!

    May 29, 2014

      Once again the Pacific Merchant Marine Council is proud to be a Partnering Organization sponsor of FuturePort’s Annual Conference, STRONG PORTS = STRONG CALIFORNIA, Monday, June 23. Take advantage of the FuturePorts, www.futureports.org, members rate to register and save even more if you register promptly. This special event dovetails nicely with the Navy League’s National Convention in San Diego starting June 24, www.navyleagueconvention.org.

      Nearby is the wonderful Los Angeles Maritime Museum, www.lamaritimemuseum.org; we’re equally proud to be a member of the museum’s foundation.

      From: FuturePorts
      Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:23 PM
      Subject: "Strong Ports=Strong CA" Early Registration EXTENDED til 5/30!

      FuturePorts logo color

      FuturePorts' Annual Conference 2014

      STRONG PORTS = STRONG CALIFORNIA

      The Future is Now

      Join us for an interesting discussion of important topics facing

       Southern California's Goods Movement Industry!

      We'll have experts from the Ports, government and regulatory agencies, community,
      and business finding ways to reach common ground on issues affecting us all.
      We'll discuss how we can work together to ensure California's success for a healthy economy and environment!

      Monday, June 23, 2014

      8:00am - 2:30pm

      Breakfast and registration starts at 7:30am

         The DoubleTree by Hilton San Pedro

          2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro, CA 90731

      AGENDA

      For detailed information, please visit our website!

      WELCOME REMARKS

      Councilmember Joe Buscaino,
      City of Los Angeles, Council District 15

      MORNING KEYNOTE SPEAKER

      Hon. Mickey Kantor, Former U.S. Commerce Secretary,
      Former U.S. Trade Secretary, and Co-Chair of the Los Angeles 2020 Commission
      A Time For Action: Overview and Status Update of the
      LA 2020 Commission Findings

      SESSIONS

      GLOBAL COMPETITION:
      Who, What and Where Are California's Biggest Threats?
      Moderator: Dan Gardner, Trade Facilitators, Inc.
      Darin Chidsey, Southern California Association of Governments
      Leslie Blakey, Coalition for America's Gateways and Trade Corridors

      SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA'S STRENGTHS:
      Protecting our Assets to Retain our Market Share
      and Our Competitive Advantage
      Moderator: Gill Hicks, Cambridge Systematics
      Al Moro, Interim Executive Director, Port of Long Beach
      Gary Lee Moore, Interim Executive Director, Port of Los Angeles
      Iddo Benzeevi, President, Highland Fairview
      Scott Moore, Union Pacific Railroad

      ENERGY:
      Implementing Technology
      Moderator: Frances Keeler, Keesal Young & Logan
      Rick Cameron, Port of Long Beach
      Michael Christensen, Port of Los Angeles

      CLOSING REMARKS

      Bill Mongelluzzo, Journal of Commerce

      REGISTRATION INFORMATION

      FuturePorts Members: $99

      Non-Members: $125 ($150 after May 30)

      Gov't/Non-Profit: $75 ($90 after May 30)

      Register Today! Space is Limited!

      Register here or visit FuturePorts.org for more information!

      THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!

      Become a Sponsor!

      For information, please contact Elizabeth Warren at ewarren@...

      Subscribe today for only $19.99!

      PO Box 768 * San Pedro, CA 90733-0768 * p 310.982.1323 f 877.309.1323
       FuturePorts.org

      FuturePorts | PO Box 768 | San Pedro | CA | 90733