1443Pacific Transportation Association Membership Drive

    Apr 18, 2014

    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    We are again seeking members interested in joining the Pacific Transportation Association, http://www.pacifictrans.org. We are seeking to strengthen our council’s relationship with PTA. If you visit http://www.pacifictrans.org/Join/2013_PTA_Membership.pdf you will notice the savings by joining/renewing a membership through the council.

    Jahan Byrne with National Shipping of America, http://www.natship.us, is president; below I have posted his message.

    Please hit the “Reply” and express your interest or telephone me and we’ll proceed from there.

    Pacific Transportation Association logo - large.jpg

    Pacific Transportation Association

    President's Message

    On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Pacific Transportation Association, we wish you a very successful and prosperous 2014, and Year of the Horse.

    I am honored to lead the PTA on the eve of its 95th anniversary. Since 1920, we have been a robust voice for the Bay Area trade and transportation industry. Our goal this year is to expand on our mission to:

    “Study transportation issues, to foster cooperation and understanding between shippers and carriers, and to assist in developing and maintaining efficient and economical transportation services to benefit the community at large.”

    We have a strong and active board, and are busy organizing a series of educational and networking events for 2014, which will include our:

    - Ports and Terminals Luncheon in June. This is one of our most well-attended events, and features industry leaders debating the latest developments on the West Coast waterfront.

    - Golf Tournament on August 4. A sell-out event at the Richmond Country Club. A beautiful course, 100 fellow golfers, and great raffle and performance prizes.

    - Annual Steamship Night on September 18. The industry networking event of the year, with more than 425 in attendance. It will again be at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in San Francisco.

    We will also launch a new web site this summer, and are developing a scholarship program for maritime academy students.

    If you are a member, thank you for your support. If you are considering membership in the largest transportation organization in Northern California, the PTA offers both individual and corporate memberships with very reasonable annual dues.

    If you have any comments or suggestions for me or our Board, please contact us at pacifictransportationassoc@....

    Smiley face