1407FW: 2014 Dues Increases and Life Membership Sale
- Jan 27, 2014
Ahoy Members and Friends,
Please pass the word…
If not a life member here are the existing options for joining or renewing one’s Navy League membership until April 1st. After that see National President Jim Offutt’s letter below.
- Regular individual membership (one year) - $50
- Regular individual membership (two years) - $90
- Regular individual membership (three years) - $125
- Husband/wife membership - $85
- Life membership (to age 55) - $1000
- Life membership (age 56 - 75) - $750
- Life membership (age 76 +) - $500
- Active duty spouse - $30
- Student - $25
- Community Affiliate - (Application) - $400
I strongly suggest staying with the Navy League; we need you as a member, both nationally (numbers count) and here within the Pacific Merchant Marine Council!
I encourage the “Regular individual membership (three years) - $125” though the Life membership with the special below is an option to consider.
Here is the simple way to renew a membership from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern), Monday-Friday.
· Go to http://www.navyleague.org
· Click on About US then Contact Us.
· Telephone and ask for “Membership” preferably with your membership card or address label in hand along with a credit / debit card.
· When you connect with someone in that department, explain you would like to renew your membership(s) or you have a new member you are sponsoring.
· Provide the necessary information along with your credit card information. Seriously consider three years or six years, lowest cost per year and less bother in the future.
Contact me if assistance is needed.
You are also encouraged to read “Navy League of the United States – Navy League Remains Focused on Core Missions” in the January SeaPower Almanac. I have yet to see a better write-up of what the Navy League is doing. The attached PMMC About Us 2014 in one page indicates what the council is doing.
Vice President Membership and Marketing
Pacific Central Region
Navy League of the United States
New 2014 Dues Rates and Life Membership Sale
Dear Navy League Leader,
At our Board meeting in Baltimore, a dues increase proposal was voted on and passed with the new dues rates taking effect April 1st, 2014. I realize that dues increases are not a popular subject, and we held out as long as we could without raising them. A dues increase has not been approved by the Board since 2007, and the rising cost of doing business has unfortunately brought us to the need to raise dues.
We do not have email addresses for every member but we will be doing what we can to notify the ones we do have an email for and also post the changes online. I ask for your help in getting the word out to members in your area of responsibility (Council, Area, and Region). Please inform them of these new rates (word of mouth, emails, newsletters, website posting, etc.), and encourage them to "beat the increase" by renewing their memberships now. Here are the new rates effective 4/1/2014:
1yr (Regular and Associate) - $65 with a $13 rebate to the Council
Students (electronic) - $25 (unchanged)
Active Duty Spouse - $30 (unchanged)
2yr - $117 with a $23 rebate to the Council
3yr - $175 with a $35 rebate to the Council
Husband/Wife - $117 with a $23 rebate to the Council
Community Affiliates - $460 with a $230 rebate to the Council
Life Membership Sale
At this time, Life membership rates will not be affected, however, before the regular dues increase takes effect, we will also be offering a sale on Life Memberships. The rates are listed below, and the sale will begin on 2/1/2014 and run until 3/31/2014. February and March 2014 are the months to upgrade your members to a Life status using the following rates:
76+ - $450/ $12.50 rebate/annual escrow payment
56 - 75 - $700/$12.50 rebate/annual escrow payment
55 and under - $950/$12.50 rebate/annual escrow payment
If you have any questions about the dues increases or Life Membership sale, please send an email to us at service@...
James H. Offutt
Navy League of the United States | 2300 Wilson Boulevard | Suite 200 | Arlington | VA | 22201-5424