1339Invitation: Navy League Shipboard Luncheon Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- May 31, 2013
Pacific Merchant Marine Council
You are cordially invited to our Spring into Summer Shipboard Luncheon
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2013
Time: Social 1100 ~ Catered Hot Lunch 1200 - 1300
Place: National Historic Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, Pier 45, San Francisco
Program: Panel Discussion ~ "On the Bay ~ America's Cup, Fleet Week, and "
Cost: $20 paid aboard ~ Reservations essential, (916) 739-6949 or PMMC@...
- Donations in addition always appreciated they help us support the OBRIEN and the Sea Cadets
- Guests welcome complementary lunch for guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with the council
- Menu features a catered hot buffet meal by 907 Grill, Benicia , http://www.907grill.com
- Beer, wine and soft drinks/bottled water hosted by the San Francisco Chapter, United States Merchant Marine Academy Alumni Association
- Fund-raising "Opportunity To Win" (50 50 drawing) to support the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN
- Carpooling encouraged
- Complementary parking in JEREMIAH OBRIEN designated parking spaces within Shed C adjacent to the ship ~ leave this invitation on dashboard
- Pacific Merchant Marine Council business meeting following luncheon; nominations, election, and installation of officers and directors
- Docent lead ship tours available; ship museum open
- Information: Phelps Hobart, Executive Director, (916) 739-6949, PMMC@...
- Next luncheon scheduled: September 2013
The Americas Cup 'Summer of Racing' on San Francisco Bay starts July 4th and includes three months of hard-fought competition, culminating with the best two teams in the world dueling for the oldest trophy in international sport, http://www.americascup.com/experience. The SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN has possibly the best shore side seats available, http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org.
San Francisco Fleet Week remains scheduled for October 10 -14. Though the Blue Angels will not be flying, the San Francisco Fleet Week Association is continuing to plan other events including the Parade of Ships, Humanitarian Assistance, and Disaster Response Training, http://www.fleetweek.us.