      From: David Matsuda
      To: Bob Featherer
      Subject: RE: Thank You!
      Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012

      Bob, and to all of you who took time to come out and meet me in the interests of KP--

      I enjoyed spending some time atop the 12th deck last week to chat with each of you and learn about the exciting adventures you have had and are having since you matriculated USMMA. It was clear you have a passion for service that never left you, and I know many more of your colleagues who could not be there on Thursday share that passion. I hope you will continue to stay engaged and help build the badly-needed collaboration between government and industry to make the US Merchant Marine Academy the jewel that we all know it can be and are working toward.

      Please feel free to come say hi to us at MARAD should you find yourself in Washington.

      And good luck to your Giants,

      Dave

      _______________________________________

      --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Pacific Merchant Marine Council" <pmmc@...> wrote:

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      Something special just came up and you are among the first to know.

      Mr. David T. Matsuda, Maritime Administrator, will be in San Francisco Thursday evening, October 11! Member and Council Director John Hummer, MARAD Northern California Gateway Director and all around good guy, made the announcement and our friends in the Maritime Academy, Kings Point, Alumni Association, have set up the time for an informal gathering with Mr. Matsuda at the Marine's Memorial Leatherneck Steakhouse & Lounge, http://www.marineclub.com/dining.php, 1900 to 2100. Drinks at the bar are on your own. The evening's meal will be individually ordered off the restaurant's menu.

      You are welcome to attend, whether you graduated from Kings Point or Podunk U. One stipulation. Let Eric Lindberg know. Eric Lindberg, President, USMMA Alumni, San Francisco Chapter, Mobile: 415-531-5331, Email: ericlindberg at gmail dot com. The primary focus of discussion will be the Maritime Academy.

      You definitely should brief yourself on the Administrator and the recent developments at the Maritime Academy before going.

       http://www.marad.dot.gov/about_us_landing_page/administrators_office_home/key_personnel/administrators_bio/administrators_biography.htm
      http://gcaptain.com/wheres-marad-administrator-david/ http://gcaptain.com/merchant-marine-academy-superintendent-towel?32424

      We are excited about our luncheon on the O'BRIEN December 11. The Maritime Academy Alumni, Master Mates and Pilots, and the Navy League's San Francisco council all have this event on their calendar. Vice Admiral Paul F. Zukunft, http://www.uscg.mil/flag/pacarea.asp, is our guest of honor and speaker.

      Our council is engaged in the industry - encourage others to join. Lunch December 11 will be complementary if they do. Have them contact me if you like.