125424 Hour Notice: VOLUNTEER FOR FLEET WEEK!
- Sep 26, 2012Ahoy Members and Friends,To check out Fleetweek activities see www.fleetweek.us.As for volunteering, here are some opportunities.Heave Ho,Phelps----- Original Message -----From: Angus BlackwoodTo: markflegel@...Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:30 AMSubject: [PCR-NLUS] 24 Hour Notice: VOLUNTEER FOR FLEET WEEK!
The following volunteer opportunities are available to Navy League Members in good standing. Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis but no later than Friday 9/28. To volunteer or for more information, contact Mark Flegel at Markflegel@..., M 650-444-2289. Do not reply to this email, contact Mark.
1. Friday Oct 5 Softball Competition Moscone Field
Need four to arrive at 11 AM to serve food and help with clean up.
Done by 3 PM.
2. Friday Oct 5 Tribute to Fallen Heroes, California Maritime Academy, Vallejo
USMC Band to perform
Need two volunteers to pass out programs 11- 1 PM
3. Saturday Oct 6 USMC 1st Division Band Performance, Powell and Market
Need two volunteers to pass out programs 11:30 A to 1:30 PM
4. Sunday Oct 7 City Hall Troop Photo Shoot (Bank of America may provide the volunteers. Otherwise)
Need 6 volunteers 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Breakfast will be served
5. Monday Oct 8 Honor our Fallen Concert Marines Memorial Club.
Need four volunteers, 2 to hand out programs and 2 to serve wine at reception
4:30 - 7 PM
6. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Oct 5 7 (each day)
Need volunteers at Marina Green to pass out booklets to children and receive Fleet Week donations.
We need names, phone and emails, T-shirt size. Each volunteer with receive a Fleet Week T-shirt to wear at their event. Plan to have a very brief orientation and instruction meeting at Marines Memorial next Monday at 6 PM. Also, may need Thanks for all your help. Hope to have all names in place by close of business Friday 9/28.
Markflegel@..., M 650-444-2289
U.S. Navy League Central Pacific Region
Representative to the Fleet Week Committee.