1224Fleet Week Vin d'Elegance Fundraiser

    Jul 28, 2012

    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    How is your summer?

    We have some activities ahead I hope you will attend. First and foremost is our council's Arkansas Division Sea Cadet fundraiser Sunday afternoon, August 5, aboard the POTOMAC, see the attachment and message http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/1222. Do join us please. Donations, silent auction items or otherwise, most appreciated.

    Then there is a great Pacific Central Region event, Friday and Saturday, August 24 and 25. See the second attachment for information on it. Attendance is encouraged. I think you know I hold the region post Senior Vice President.

    In September we and our always welcome guests will most likely get together for lunch with a speaker or a panel of speakers. What do you think about returning to our home base aboard the SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, dockside Pier 54, San Francisco?

    Then there is San Francisco Fleetweek in October, http://fleetweek.us. That brings me to the subject of this message - a fundraiser in support of the myriad of activities associated with Fleetweek. If you can swing the $100 tab, please attend - its a class act. There's $50 in the council treasury if you need it to attend. It is important to have council representation there.

    Anyone interested in a "field trip" to the California Maritime Academy? I am thinking of the two state of the art ship simulators - the bridge and the engine room. Lunch with students, facility and staff a possibility.

    Hey, this council is engaged in the Navy League and the maritime industry. Glad you are a part of it!

    Do you have a friend or associate who might like to join the Navy League? We are always seeking new members. Lunch at our next council luncheon is complementary upon joining. I think we can still offer a three year new membership for $75. A one year membership is $50 and two annual renewals are $50 each - so that's quite a bargain.

    Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:41 PM
    Subject: [PCR-NLUS] Fleet Week Vin d'Elegance Fundraiser
    Hi All,

    Please attend and pass the word on this Fleet Week Fundraiser; the SFFW Association Directors appreciate your support and assistance.

    Kind regards,

    Mark Flegel

                          You're Invited To...

    San Francisco Fleet Week Association's Honorary Co-Chairs Senator Dianne Feinstein, The Honorable George P. Shultz, Mayor Edwin Lee and the Board of Directors invite you to a very special event to support the San Francisco Fleet Week Association's Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response programs.

    The San Francisco Fleet Week Association is proud to present the second annual Vin d'Elegance. Stroll through the Academy of Art University's Classic Car Museum while enjoying fine wines and food along with live music from Freddy Clarke and his Wobbly World Band.

    Proceeds from Vin d'Elegance directly support San Francisco Fleet Week and its mission to save lives. This year, San Francisco Fleet Week will host over 4,000 sailors, Marines and Coasties, honoring and supporting the heroic efforts of the United States military’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster response missions throughout the world.

    Tuesday, August 14, 2012
    6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.

    Academy of Art University - Classic Car Museum
    1849 Washington St. at Van Ness, San Francisco, CA 94109

    Ticket price is $100 per person. Tickets can be purchased at:

    Or, you may mail a check to:
    San Francisco Fleet Week Association, c/o Catharine Hooper
    609 Sutter Street, San Francisco, California  94102

    If you cannot attend and wish to make a donation to San Francisco Fleet Week Association, you may do so either through the website, or by mailing a check. San Francisco Fleet Week Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit education organization.

    Wines donated by Lodi Appellation Vintners.

    Ironstone Vineyards
    Jessie's Grove Winery
    Klinker Brick Winery
    LangeTwins Winery