1078Invitation to attend Sacramento Council Dinner Meeting October 4

    Sep 30 7:20 PM
    Ahoy Members and Friends - especially those in or near Sacramento...

    I have made arrangements for Mike Luken, Port and Transportation Manager for West Sacramento to be the guest speaker at the Sacramento Council's monthly "Forum."

    The location is the banquet room at Sam's Hof Brau, 2500 Watt Avenue (at El Camino Avenue), http://www.thehofbrau.com. Sam's offers a taste temping buffet of hot dishes, a salad bar, desert tray and all sorts of drinks. Oh, the parking is plentiful and free. I wish there was something comparable in the Bay Area.

    The date is Tuesday, October 4. Time 5:30 social, dinner 6:00 or so, and gavel goes down at 6:30. There is always time for introductions and notices of upcoming events.

    Mike will have a very interesting program on the expansion of the port. It doesn't easily handle containers (yet) but for break-bulk it excels. I could go on at length but take a look at http://www.portofwestsacramento.org and see for yourself. It along with Stockton has been the recipient of MARAD funding for implementing the M-580 marine highway corridor to get container trucks off the highways. With an improved economy, it is poised to increase its tonnage greatly.

    Anyway, please join us

    Mike Luken, Port & Transportation Manager

    Public Works Department

    City and Port of West Sacramento

    1110 W. Capitol Ave.,FL3

    West Sacramento,CA  95691-2717

    (916)371-8000 v

    (916)372-4802 f

    www.portofwestsac.com

    www.cityofwestsacramento.org

    Welcome to Navyleague Sacramento

    Who We Are - The Navy League of the United States, Sacramento Council is a non-profit civilian service organization, with over 200 members, that has ...