1065Next week's listening session in San Francisco September 22
- Sep 14, 2011Re: The Maritime Administrations Panama Canal Expansion Study Listening Session and Americas Marine Highway Corridor WorkshopAhoy,Simply a heads up to inform all what those attending will be doing. The dialog has the potential to be lively.See you who are registered for the 22nd. I checked and there are still a few spaces available to register and attend.This is our council's observance of World Maritime Day - a direct hit on the primary day worldwide!Heave Ho,Phelps__________________________The United Nations (UN), via the International Maritime Organization (IMO), created World Maritime Day to celebrate the international maritime industrys contribution towards the worlds economy, especially in shipping. The events date varies by year and country but it is always on the last week of September. World Maritime Day 2011 is Thursday, September 22, 2011.
----- Original Message -----From: Scott GieringTo: Scott GieringSent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:01 PMSubject: Next week's listening session in San Francisco
Dear Workshop Participant:
We are looking forward to seeing you in person next week in San Francisco for the Maritime Administrations Panama Canal Expansion Study Listening Session and Americas Marine Highway Corridor Workshop.
As a reminder, these meetings will take place on Thursday, September 22, 2011, at the Westin at Market Street, located at 50 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. All activities will take place in the Metropolitan I Ballroom of the Westin with the morning session on the Panama Canal Expansion beginning promptly at 8:30 a.m. and the Americas Marine Highway Corridor Workshop starting at 1:30 p.m. The most recent agenda is attached for your reference.
Additionally, the morning session will include facilitated roundtable discussions regarding anticipated impacts of the Panama Canal Expansion on U.S. Ports and Infrastructure, and the afternoon session will include facilitated panel and roundtable discussions regarding the incorporation of Americas Marine Highways into the nations transportation system. During these sessions, participants may express their views and opinions on these important issues and engage in open dialogue with their colleagues. In order for these discussions to be most productive, we ask that you begin to think about the discussion topics and come prepared to discuss your views on each. The discussion topics include:
Panama Canal Expansion
- U.S. Post-Expansion Trade Patterns
- Anticipated Effects on East/West/Gulf Coast/Inland Ports
- Infrastructure Development/Future Bottlenecks
- Impacts on the Cost of Doing Business: Who Pays/Who Benefits
- Conducting Business in a Post-Canal Expansion Economy
Marine Highway Breakout sessions
- Initiating Marine Highway Services
- Public/Private Relationships
- Marine Highway Service Impediments & Industry Incentives
- Valuing Public Benefits
- Financial Incentives & Initiatives
If your plans have changed or if you have any questions, please contact Mr. Scott Giering of Howard/Stein-Hudson Associates at 917-339-0488 or by email at sgiering@...
Transportation Planner / Associate
Howard/Stein-Hudson Associates, Inc.
11 Hanover Sq., 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10005
Public Involvement /Strategic Planning
- Next post in topic >>