    Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:01 PM
    Subject: Next week's listening session in San Francisco

    Dear Workshop Participant:

    We are looking forward to seeing you in person next week in San Francisco for the Maritime Administration’s Panama Canal Expansion Study Listening Session and America’s Marine Highway Corridor Workshop.

    As a reminder, these meetings will take place on Thursday, September 22, 2011, at the Westin at Market Street, located at 50 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.  All activities will take place in the Metropolitan I Ballroom of the Westin with the morning session on the Panama Canal Expansion beginning promptly at 8:30 a.m. and the America’s Marine Highway Corridor Workshop starting at 1:30 p.m.  The most recent agenda is attached for your reference.

    Additionally, the morning session will include facilitated roundtable discussions regarding anticipated impacts of the Panama Canal Expansion on U.S. Ports and Infrastructure, and the afternoon session will include facilitated panel and roundtable discussions regarding the incorporation of America’s Marine Highways into the nation’s transportation system.  During these sessions, participants may express their views and opinions on these important issues and engage in open dialogue with their colleagues.  In order for these discussions to be most productive, we ask that you begin to think about the discussion topics and come prepared to discuss your views on each.  The discussion topics include:

    Panama Canal Expansion

    • U.S. Post-Expansion Trade Patterns
    • Anticipated Effects on East/West/Gulf Coast/Inland Ports
    • Infrastructure Development/Future Bottlenecks
    • Impacts on the Cost of Doing Business: Who Pays/Who Benefits
    • Conducting Business in a Post-Canal Expansion Economy

    Marine Highway Breakout sessions

    • Initiating Marine Highway Services
    • Public/Private Relationships
    • Marine Highway Service Impediments & Industry Incentives
    • Valuing Public Benefits
    • Financial Incentives & Initiatives

    If your plans have changed or if you have any questions, please contact Mr. Scott Giering of Howard/Stein-Hudson Associates at 917-339-0488 or by email at sgiering@...

    Scott Giering
    Transportation Planner / Associate
    Howard/Stein-Hudson Associates, Inc.
    11 Hanover Sq., 3rd Floor
    New York, NY 10005
    t 917.339.0488
    f 917.339.1068
    m 718.781.5442

    • Public Involvement /Strategic Planning
    Transportation Planning
    • Civil Engineering
    • Traffic Engineering

  • Show all 2 messages in this topic