Re: [PLS_RockHounds] New to Lapidary

  • Jack surber
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Thank you Kevin for the info and the invite.  I cannot make it this weekend but I am looking forward to the Dec. Workshop.  I was also told by Linda Elsnau about PLS meetings on the 3rd Wednesdays of the month, and I would like to attend that one on the 16th if I am correct.  My wife and I just purchased from the widow of an old jewelry artist some equipment.  We bought a Diamond Pacific Pixie cabbing machine, a ADM Rock Rascal Model J rock Saw, and a Foredom Bench Lathe BL1.  Is this good equipment for a home workshop ?

      Jack Surber

      Kevin Birnbaum <birnbaum@...> wrote:
      Well, this Sunday (the 6th), the PLS will have its monthly workshop.
      We have all the equipment necessary to make cabochons, and I (or one
      of the other club members) can show you how.  The workshop will be in
      the afternoon around 1:30 to 4:30pm, at 1369 Hepner Avenue, Eagle
      Rock CA 90041.  We have a workshop the first Sunday of every month,
      weather permitting (it's outdoors, so we postpone or cancel if there
      is rain).

      -Kevin Birnbaum