San Diego County Rockhound Tailgate

  • Mike Woodward
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      April 3-5--VISTA, CALIFORNIA

      Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum

      2040 N. Santa Fe Ave

      Fri., Sat., Sun. 9-5

      free admission; lapidary, rocks, gems, books

      The Antique steam engine & tractor Museum usually costs $3.00 to go
      through. For this week-end it is free.

      In addition to the steam engines there is an antique car collection that
      includes a Stanley Steamer. This alone is worth the trip, A weavers barn
      with many looms working, a model train barn with outstanding displays of
      model Railroads

      There are going to be meals served Fri through Sun.
      Breakfast will be available for a mere $ 7.00

      We have around 60+ dealers, some professional and a lot of rock hounds

      We have added Mike & Sandy Woodward to our list of dealers showing their
      love of the earth and what it provides. Mike will be doing a program on
      his BEAUTIFUL photography of stones and fossils on Friday evening (told
      you It would be good).

      You can check out Mikes work at <www.mikewoodwardphotography.com>

      Sat night will be Mr Graham Mackintosh, well known explorer & writer.
      Graham will be doing a program on his walk around the Coast of Baja. A
      three thousand mile trip that took two (2) years to complete. VERY VERY
      interesting

      Come And share these wonderful programs, starting at 7-7:30.

      We should have about 80 door prizes for the opportunity drawings.

      Don't forget you can spend the night for $ 5.00 for dry camping.

      We have added breakfast Friday morning for you who are there.

      If you need any information call Simon King: 619-991-2226
      or Ray Pearce: (760) 726-7570