Re: [PLS_RockHounds] New Member

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
      Our club meets the third Wed of each month in San Marino, CA  Are you local to the San Gabriel Valley?

      Linda
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
        Hi Fred,

        How are you?    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the meetings convene in Sierra Madre?    I haven't been to a meeting in a while.

        Also, the last time I went to a workshop, about a month ago, Drew was charging $2.00 to walk through the gate.

        If you want some more information, Kevin, contact me off group.

        Rex

        Our club meets the third Wed of each month in San Marino, CA  Are you local to the San Gabriel Valley?

        Linda
        Do you folks have regular meetings? I have many rocks I've collected some I know are Jasper many I do not know what they are but were interesting to me when I collected them. I would like to bring some and get your advise as what I've collected.
        Thank you
        Kevin

      • KEVIN DURSTON
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
          Yes close to Marshall & PHS in Pasadena.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
            Harold, thanks for the correction. I did this is some kind of stupor.
            If making mistakes get members adding comments...I'll have to keep it
            up!

            Kevin, we would love to see you at either a workshop, a meeting or on
            a field trip. Feel free to bring a few things for identification to
            either.

            Linda

            --- In PLS_RockHounds@yahoogroups.com, harold <rexch8@...> wrote:

            > Hi Fred,
            >
            > How are you?    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the meetings
            convene in Sierra Madre?    I haven't been to a meeting in a while.

            > Also, the last time I went to a workshop, about a month ago, Drew
            was charging $2.00 to walk through the gate.

            > If you want some more information, Kevin, contact me off group.
            >
            > Rex

          • KEVIN DURSTON
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2009
              I was going thru my old emails and I'm hoping you were at the workshop before last. I'm the new member that brought my wife and a few rocks to be identified. Anyways I'm heading out this weekend to the travertine spot and might also stop by for some Lavic Jasper. The last time I went to the Jasper spot I went under some Railroad tracks But this time I'll have my Camper on my truck and won't fit. I remeber talking to some one at the work shop regarding a spot at Lavic that you don't go under the tracks. Could you or someone else help with directions?
              Thanks Kevin