USATT Open Preparation - Youth vs Aduld Player at TMC

  • Jon Liu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
      Hi, Members;

      On July 1 - 4, the 2009 USATT Open wil be held at at Las Vegas. It is only about 3 weeks away, our club would like to help Plano youth player to polish his or her skill. We will organize 3 practice/tourney sessions on coming Sundays (06-14, 06-21, 06-28) at TMC. The time is from 11 AM thru 2 PM or later. We always have plenty of empty tables on Sunday morning.

      This is a very informal practice/tourney with free format. Basically, it is the youth team against the adult  team players. Plus, we will do many different drills. If the adult rating is better than the youth, then the adult needs to give up a few points in the front. We just want everybody to play seriously, so our youth player can gain more battle field experience.

      We will only play the best of 3 games, so the youth can play with more adult players, and it is more difficult to catch up from the behind.  No warming up are allowed before each match, you got to adjust yourself and get ready ASAP. We also will drill for the deuce, the game starts at 11 vs 11 points. We will train the youth to come up a strategy to gain the most critical points at deuce. Anyway, there are lots of games and rules we can setup, it is fun and it is also unconventional.

      All youth players are welcome to participate these 3 Sunday events. You don't need to be a USATT player and there is no rating requirement either. So, parents, please register with me before Friday night (06-12), I need your kid's rating info to arrange the adult players. If your kid needs to practice double, please let me know. We will arrange the double players to practice with your kids.

      As for the adult members, please make yourself available for the next 3 Sundays. I am always proud of our member's diversified skills, we got to work as a team to give the youth with best preparation. Plano has the best youth ping-pong players in USA, they deserve the best training.

      Thanks..

      Jon