Wesleyan Tournament

  • Jon Liu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2008
      Yesterday, lots of  Plano adults and kids participated the Wesleyan TT Open Tournament. The gym looked much better after the remodeling, the floor was re-polished and the space is bigger. It is a very nice place to play the table tennis game.

      It is very amazing we always can find many familiar faces in Wesleyan. We may complain we need to drive one hour from Plano to Wesleyan. But, lots of players who drove from Longview or Houston. QD Chinese School Head Coach Wang and his assistant coaches brought a bunch of kids. Coach Fang also brought his students. Not surprisingly, all Plano kids fought against the adult players fearlessly.

      From those kids, I can see a big difference from the adult players. While most kids are under 1500 rating, but they registered with U1900 or even U2200 events.  The most amazing thing was they could win in the RR and advanced to the elimination games.

      Too bad, I couldn’t stay late to know the final game results. So, I have no idea who won the Wesleyan trophies. But, it really doesn’t matter anyway. Because all Plano kids are aiming on the USATT National Tournament which will be hold at Las Vegas on Dec.

      As I promised previously, we will have our Fall World Peace Tournament on late Oct. It will be hold in Plano’s flagship recreation center – Tom Muehlenhbeck Center. We will have a Texas size tournament, we will get the whole gym with with 20 tables. But, the exactly date is very difficult to decide at this point. Because Tom Muehlenhbeck Center also needs to re-polish its wood floor, we are under the contractor’s mercy to finish this innovation project.

      Our club has lots of  1900, 1800 players, we will see many good fights between young and old players. Our WP tournament will be a warm up game for the USATT National. We will have double events in Fall WP, so please find your partner and get ready.

      Jon