March 3rd RR result

  • wei_tian_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2007
      Pingpong fellow,
      This afternoon, we played group A and group B round robbin. Here are
      the rating update for all players.
      Group A
      Jack 1911 1885
      Will 1872 1884
      Jessie 1776 1781
      Giann Garcai 1825 1815
      Kam Mak 1800 1836
      Dennis 1700 1681

      Group B
      Vivi 1576 1556
      Jun 1687 1712
      Larry_2nd 1600 1631
      Cliff Wang 1655 1634
      James Trinh 1680 1667

      Winners of each group are Will and Jun.

      Highlight:
      3 of 4 signed people showed up for group A. Since there are enough
      empty table left, I called another 3 people, Jack, Jessie, and
      Dennis. So 6 people played group A on 2 tables. The first 2 games
      were between Kam/Giann and Jessei/Dennis. Giann still had slow warm
      up problem, Kam did not have too much trouble to win a 3:0 match.The
      game between Jessie and Dennis were furious, Jessie played very
      aggressively and the effort payed off, he got the first game. From
      the second game, Dennis woke up and fought back. They played a 5 game
      match and 10:10 on the 5th game. After saved couple of match point,
      Jessie won the 5th game with 16:14. Surpises in group A are that Kam
      and Giann beat Jack with 3:1. Nobody is invincible in group A. The
      winner is determined by calculating how many games he won.
      For group B, Larry played shake handed, this gave Jun a huge
      advantage. However, after losing first game, Larry managed to recover
      and played better and better, beat all other 3 people. I resigned him
      a new rating. Cliff did not play with too much enthusiasm due to his
      leg injury. Even so, he gave James enough headache although Jame got
      3:2 win. These 2 guys are just too familar with each other. James can
      smash on Cliff's long pinp return and Cliff is waiting right there
      and smash back.Surpris in group B is Jun beat Vivi. According to
      Vivi, she always "beats" Jun when they play at home and I think she
      is telling the truth.Let's all pray for Jun tonight.

      Next round robbin is scheduled on 03/17/2007. Please send me an mail
      to reserve a seat. If there are no enough people, we will find
      someone in the club then.

      Regards,
      Will