Re: [PIGSaloft] speedfoil kites

  • hart5j@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 9:07 AM
      Hi Mark:

      I have flown the Prism parafoil two line kites.  There is a member on the group who has the 8-10' version.   The parafoils are easy to fly, but they really pull in higher winds - hang on.  If your thing is to be pulled along parafoils are your kite.  If your thing is tricks or ultimate control stick with framed two line or four line kites.  Not much you can do with a parafoil with regard to tricks.

      As far as kiteboarding (ocean) or powerkites with buggies (land), our club, in general, is not much into those things.  However, if you come up to VOA during one of our monthly kite flies (2nd Sunday of every month 12-5pm) there is a group that flies large parafoils with carts & buggies in the park right behind us.  I'm sure you can go talk to them if interested.

      Hope that helps.

      John A. Hart
      P.I.G.S. Aloft Kite Club